Chapter Five;as xefýgei(let us escape)

Yin was completely dumbfounded.
Vedran stood up and looked down at the weird man beast thing he had just tripped, and fell on.
He stared at the fallen demon long enough for Yin to change back into her human looking form.
"Who is this?" Vedran asked.
"That would be Klame, a criminal." Yin stated. "Bolton what the heck are you doing here?" She asked.
"I came to help you." He said with a grin.
"I told you to stay away from me." Yin glared at him.
"But I obviously helped you, so it was obviously a good thing I followed you even though you told me not to." Vedran argued.
"Whatever." Yin said. "You should leave before he wakes up.".
"Or we could take my father's advice." Vedran grinned, "as xefýgei.".
"And what does that mean?" Yin asked.
Vedran grinned wider, "let us escape!" He grabbed her arm, and ran.
"Hey! Let go of me!" Yin yelled.
"Nope! We need to get out of here before that monster wakes up." Vedran announced.
Yin rolled her eyes but did not protest. She allowed the crazy guy drag her away. I definitely need to rethink my life choices. She thought.
   "So what's you're name? You already know mine." Vedran said.
   She looked at Vedran, she had realized that he looked familiar. Vary familiar. He looked like the prince. Not some farm boy named... oh my crap.
   "No." Yin said, and she made sure she kept her cool, she made sure she kept a strait face, and showed no emotion. She took pleasure in baffling humans, mostly because these odd creatures baffle her as well.
   "What?" Vedran asked.
   "No. I do not know your name." Yin said, still showing no emotion, and she actually managed to look bored.
   "But I told you." Vedran said. Though I told you a lie. I still thought you might remember it. He thought.
   "Did you now?" She asked raising an eyebrow in thought.
   "Yes, it's Bolton." Vedran lied.
   "No." Yin announced.
   "What?" This time he sounded fearful, like his mother had just caught him in some evil scheme, or figured out his lie about breaking her favorite dish.
   "You know what I mean." Yin said. "I won't be giving you my name till you tell me your's." She remembered actually telling him that her name was Violet, but this prince was obviously forgetful.
   "What if I can't give you my real name?" Vedran asked.
   "And what if I already know your real name?" Yin asked, a devious smirk now playing on her mouth.
   "How did you figure it out?" Vedran asked.
   "You think people are idiots? You think no one would recognize you?" Yin asked.
   "Fine. You know who I am." Vedran huffed. "Now tell me who you are?" He asked.
   "You wouldn't believe me if I told you, so I'll tell you my name, but that's it. My name is Yin Aberash." She introduced herself with a curtsy.
  "You don't have to do that miss Aberash." Vedran said, motioning for her to stand straight.
   "Please just call me Yin, now the question is: do I call you Prince Vedran? Just Vedran? Or should I call you Bolton?" She asked, the smirk on her face again.
   "Actually, just call me Ved. Maybe it'll be harder for people to figure it out?" He suggested with a shrug, and a slight smile.
   "Maybe...." Yin said sounding vary unconvinced.
   They had found their horses, and left the forest behind. The prince had informed Yin that he was heading to the next town called Apothémata, and Yin had informed him that she did not care.
   "So! Yin? Where exactly are you heading?" Vedran asked.
   "Yes my name is Yin, and to answer that question is simple... nowhere in particular." She stated.
   "So you're just traveling around?" Vedran asked.
   "Yes." Yin nodded.
   "So! would you care to accompany me in my search?" Vedran asked.
   "Your search for what?" Yin asked.
   "My search for The Shade." Vedran stated.
   Yin stopped her horse abruptly, her eyes wide, and and her mouth in a thin line.
   Vedran realized Yin had stopped and he steered his horse back toward her.
   "What's the matter Yin?" Vedran questioned.
   "I'm what you're looking for." Yin stated. "I see no reason not to tell you.".
   "What?" Vedran asked.
   "I'm The Shade." Yin said without emotion.
   "You're joshing." Vedran shook his head with a grin.
   "Do I look like I'm kidding?" Yin asked.
   "Wait! Are you being serious?" Vedran asked.
   "No I'm joking with you." She said sarcastically.
   "You need to come with me then!" Vedran said.
   "No." Yin said. "You're a Prince you have enough money, and you don't need my bounty, so leave me alone." She said, and she steered her horse toward a different town.
   "I don't want your bounty!" Vedran yelled.
   "Then what do you flaring want?!" Yin exclaimed.
   "Your help." Vedran pleaded.
   "With what?" Yin asked.
   "My kingdom is on the brink of war." Vedran said. "And the reason the war is coming is because you destroyed a town in their territory, and they've come up with the assumption that you are from my kingdom." He explained.
   "I don't get involved in war." Yin said.
   "Why not?" Vedran asked.
   "Because it requires harming people." Yin said.
   "But you-." Vedran started.
   "I know I destroyed two town! But there weren't any fatalities and no one was seriously hurt!" Yin yelled. "I never harm a human if I can help it." She growled.
   "What do you mean a human? You're a human too." Vedran stated.
   "No I'm not a human." Yin said.
   "Are you the same as that guy from in the woods?" Vedran asked with fear.
   "Not exactly. That was a demon." Yin said. "I'm a dragon." She pointed at herself, looking serious.
   "A dragon?" Vedran asked. "Don't they stampede threw towns and destroy things?"
   "They used to... until then and the angels came to an agreement." Yin explained, looking angry.
   "What do you mean?" Vedran asked.
   "I hate explaining things." Yin said. "Let's just say the Angels didn't inform us of the way we were able to have a human form, and be able to fly." She said.
   Vedran looked a bit confused.
   "Never mind. I shouldn't expect you to understand... you're a human." She said, and started toward a town, but not Apothémata.
   "Wait! Aren't we still heading to Apothémata?" Vedran asked.
   "No. You are heading to Apothémata." Yin said. "I'm going to Skoúro xérei." She stated.
   "You don't wanna go there." Vedran warned. "It's full of awful people.".
   "Like me?" Yin asked. "I am a criminal, and princes shouldn't travel with criminals.".
   "I can't let you go to Skoúro xérei alone." Vedran protested. "plus you're a girl and you don't exactly scream "criminal"." Vedran said.
   "I will with my hood up." Yin informed.
   "Well. Then you'd be The Shade." Vedran stated.
   "Exactly! And you Dear Prince shouldn't travel with The Shade." Yin affirmed.
   "But I'm not The Prince. I'm Vad." Vedran winked.
   "So now your Vad? Not Ved?" Yin asked.
   "I think Vad sounds better than Ved." Vedran offered.
   "To be honest yes it does." Yin said. "But I don't care.".
   "Please Yin! At least let me come with you! You don't have to come back to My Kingdom!" Vedran pleaded.
   "Fine! You can come with me." Yin exclaimed. "Just a question. What Kingdom is your Kingdom?" She asked.
   "My Kingdom." Vedran said. "The Kingdom called Fos krýstallo." He smiled.
   "I've been there once." Yin said. "It was beautiful I have to admit.".
   "It is a beautiful kingdom." Vedran said.
   "Whelp! Come on Vad!" Yin shouted, and headed toward Skoúro xérei.
   "I'm coming!" Vedran said. "Where do you live Yin?" He questioned.
   "I might take you there some time." Yin said, but she didn't answer the question, and Vedran decided not to pry anymore.
She probably already hates me anyway. He thought, as he stared at her. She really is pretty... how is she The Shade? He was baffled, but he decided not to ask that out loud to her either, mostly out of fear of her yelling at him again.