Chapter Nineteen; plan number one: to summon a demon

Yin sat up in the bed. She hadn't slept, she had mainly just laid there with her eyes closed, thinking over the things she would need to do.

   Vedran was writing, probably a letter.

   Cea still hadn't gotten back.

   Vedran looked over at her.

   "How was your nap?" he asked.

   "I didn't really nap." Yin stated.

   "Oh okay." Vedran said, he put his pencil down.

   (Burn me! they have pencils. Not quills. I'm to lazy to have to write "he dipped his quill in the ink and started writing". It's so much easier to just write "he picked his pencil up and started writing"... Okay I guess there isn't that much of a difference but who cares.)

   "I think I know what I want to try first." Yin informed.

   "Can I help?" Vedran asked.

   "Yes. Can I use one of those pieces of paper?" Yin asked.

   "Of course." Vedran said, and he gave her a piece of paper.

   Yin got a black pencil out of her bag, and a book.

   Yin used the book to draw straight lines, she drew a star.

   Vedran was confused.

   Yin then proceeded to draw an assortment of different symbols.

   They looked like this: ΕΩΣΦΌΡΟΣ

   "What does that mean?" Vedan asked

   "I hope it's his name." Yin said.

   Vedran nodded, but he was still confused.

   Yin looked around the room.

   "Go get me that candle." Yin pointed at the candlestick on its stand on the side table between Yin and Cea's beds.

   Vedran did as she ordered, he handed her the candlestick and stand, Yin took it and placed it on the table on the left hand side of the paper. Yin then got into her bag and got out a handled mirror, she placed it on the table leaning against the wall so it was facing her and Vedran, and then Yin took her knife out of her boot and placed it on the table. She looked at Vedran.

   "What?" Vedran questioned.

   Yin sighed.

   "I don't like doing this as much as the next person because it's not smiled upon by the dragon elders or the dragon queen, but to find out what I want to find out I have to do this." Yin sighed a second time. "There isn't even a guarantee this is going to work.".

   "Yin, what exactly is it you're trying to do?" Vedran asked.

   "I'm trying to summon a demon, if the person I'm trying to summon is a demon." Yin answered.

   "YOU'RE TRYING TO SUMMON A DEMON? HERE? IN THIS ROOM?" Vedran exclaimed.

   "Stop screaming idiot. Yes. Yes. And no." Yin answered.

   Vedran looked a little confused.

   Yin sighed. He acts so much like a child sometimes.

   "Yes I'm summoning a demon. Yes here. No not in this room. We'll be able to see the demon through the mirror." Yin explained slowly while Vedran nodded as she spoke.

   Vedan looked relieved.

   Yin rolled her eyes, she picked up the knife, and she had been about to cut her left pointer finger open -for a good reason Yin might add- when Vedran interrupted her.