Jericho

HEY GUYS!! Here's the next chapter for all of you and to make up always taking a long time to upload I tried to make it long!

I don't know if this is long though so just bear with me!(:

Dedicating this to cute_kisses just for having great taste in men. Who could ever deny that they don't like abs on a guy. No one could! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do we live for Sage?"

"To kill the weak. Overpower them. Break them."

"And if you can't uphold this mandate?" I looked up to the familiar pools of green that stared down at me. I knew this man like the back of my hand. I had no other purpose than to please him. Slowly smirking I stood up from my kneeling position and took the dagger he held out before me.

"Then I am weak." Giving me a look of appraisal he moved out of the way so that a man behind him was revealed. His face was covered and that just made this easier. Raising the blade I swung it blindly across the base of his throat. Blood start leaking out of his and yet he made no sound. Lifting the sack I met with the dying gaze of my mate. Without a second thought I let out a blood curdling scream.

I woke in a cold sweat. My hair and shirt sticking to my slick skin. Throwing the covers off of me, I stood up and walked out towards the balcony. The young one were gathered around a bonfire as Jericho whispered stories of his past and all the accomplishments that came along with them. I tuned into his words and realized he was telling the story of how he and I met. I remember the way as if it were yesterday:

"Sage! Your dad told us not to go out this far into the provenance!" I just rolled my eye.

"Jer, if he really wanted us to stay within camp then he would have done a better job at locking the gates."

"Are you serious right now?! Did you see what they did to Jackson for being late to training? He could barely stand-" I grabbed the collar of his shirt and smashed my lips against his. It was a process that shut him up for a while.

"Come on, I think it's this he muttered something under his breath but didn't fight against me anymore.

Earlier this week I had found some running out on my father's territory and I wanted to find out who it was. We'd been out wandering for about three hours when Jer started to open his big mouth again. "Sage there's no one out here. Can we go home now? My mom is cooking dinner and I'm hungry." I rolled my eyes again and was about to throw something heavy at his head when I smelt smoke.

"This way." I took off running North towards the smell. We soon arrived to a small camp with a smoking fire that looked like it had just barely been put out. Excitement bubbled up inside me. "I told you! I told you! I told you! I told you there was someone out here!"

"Congratulations, Sage. You found a campfire." He stated in a sarcastic tone.

"Whatever. Your just mad that you were wrong." He threw his hands up in an exasperated gesture.

"Lo and behold people! That's exactly why I'm mad. Forget the reason I'm starving and want to go home or that you tripped me into a load of crap or that you ate all the food I brought here or that you keep pantsing me and let's also not forget the fact that you sicked a pack of wild raccoons after me! No, I was just wrong and It's eating me alive."

I'll eat you.

A laugh echoed through the forest as five wolves made their way towards us. Moving around us they circled us. All of their coats were gray and some had a smudge of white on them on some part of their body. I smiled and flipped my hair back.