❶

Marisol chewed her food as slowly and quietly as she possibly could in the cold, thick tension of tonight's family dinner.

The atmosphere had been like this for the past couple of weeks.

Her father finally decided to break the uncomfortable silence.

He cleared his throat loudly, wiping his mouth on his napkin before setting it down of the table. He looked over at his eldest daughter, "So, how's work going?"

Marisol shrugged coldly, "Fine." He eyed her for a while, but when she didn't look back up to meet his gaze, he moved on to Monse.

He smiled, folding his hands on the table as he leaned forward, "And you, Monse, how's school?"

Monse didn't respond, just continued pushing her food around with her fork.

"Okay, you know what," their father became frustrated with the silent treatment he was receiving, "I get your girls are upset about the new rules I've enforced but I think you can atleast understand where I'm coming from. Why, I, as yojr father, wouldn't want you hanging around with your gang affiliated boyfriends. You guys can't be mad at me forever!"

"You want a bet?" Marisol mumbled under her breath, making Monse chuckle.

Monse rolled her eyes, "Marisol, this food sucks. You want to go get Taco Bell?"

Her sister nodded vigorously, throwing her napkin down as they both rose from the table, "I was just about to ask you the same thing! I'll drive."

Marisol pulled into a parking spot, turning the car off as the girl began undoing her seatbelt. She held out a hand, stopping the eager girl from hopping out of the car, "Wait." Monse paused.

Marisol nodded towards Cesar, who had been waiting for her sister, his hands deep in his pockets. "Be careful, okay? Dad doesn't know that I've been doing this and I would like to keep it that way."

Monse nodded, "Yeah, I know."

Marisol looked back up at the boy, talking lowly, "Oscar still won't let him come back?"

She shook her head, "No."

"Where is he staying?"

"I don't know, he won't tell me, says it's to keep me from worrying when all it does is makes it worse." Marisol didn't reply, just leaned back in her seat, nodding for Monse to go ahead.

Marisol watched as her sister ran towards Cesar, practically jumping into his arms as he swung her around. The girl smiled to herself slightly as her phone went off.

She unlocked it, pressing on the newest notification.

iMessage
A.🌹
Today 8:26 PM

there's a kickback tonight, let's go

you know how strict my dads
been lately with the curfews

we won't stay for long, pleaaaaase
bitch you owe me from bailing on the last party

on my way

a little mini chapter to start this story i promise i will be more informative with what basically going on between monse marisol and their father but i mean it kinda hinted they salty af at him

CHILDHOOD ❥ ON MY BLOCK [OSCAR DIAZ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara