❸❹

❸❹

As Marisol took a step out of the shower, the girl quickly dried herself off before letting the towel fall to the floor. She sighed, not knowing how to style her hair for today. So, she did as she normally would and let it dry slightly before pulling it into a bun. Marisol softly hummed under her breath as she continued her normal morning routine.

All of the sudden, the creaking of the bathroom door opening caused Marisol to gasp. The girl immediately went to cover herself, her eyes wide as she stared at her younger sibling.

"Monse, I'm naked!"

"We're sisters," the girl simply rolled her eyes, not caring.

Marisol groaned, slowly bending over to pick up the towel.

She wrapped it around herself tightly, "What is so urgent?"

"You going to work?" Monse avoided the question.

Marisol nodded, walking past her sister and towards her room to get dressed.

"Yeah, Paolo asked me to open up early," she smoothly lied, "something about a food delivery."

Monse leaned against the wooden frame of the bedroom door, staring at the ground as Marisol began to get dressed.

"Okay, I just wanted to say goodbye."

Marisol hopped around as she pulled the tight black jeans over her damp legs, "Bye."

Monse stepped in the room, waiting until her sister pulled the t-shirt over her head before engulfing her into a warm hug. Marisol stood shocked, hesitantly patting Monse on the head as the girl continued to hug her.

"Um, are you okay?"

"Yeah," the younger sister sighed, wrapping her arms around Marisol tighter, "I love you."

Marisol grabbed ahold of Monse's shoulders, pulling herself away from the hug, "Who are you and what have you done with my sister?"

"What do you mean?" Monse shrugged, going back to embrace the girl again. Marisol repeated her actions, bringing her sister back to look her in the eye, "We don't do this, we don't hug."

Monse chuckled nonchalantly, "Maybe we should started." She flashed a smile before walking out of the room.

"You okay?" Ruby questioned, glancing over to Marisol as she continued to drive.

The girl ran a hand through her hair, keeping the other on the wheel as she thought back to this morning.

"Yeah, yeah," she nodded, noticing how she began to daze off, "Monse was just acting really weird this morning."

"You didn't tell her what we're doing, did you?" Jamal asked, sitting in the backseat with the pink box on his lap.

Marisol looked at him through the rearview mirror, shaking her head, "What? No, I didn't. She just-"

"She, what?" Ruby sat up in the passenger's seat, becoming worried.

"She hugged me," Marisol finished. Ruby looked over his shoulder, sharing a look with Jamal before the boys bursted out in fits of laughter.

Marisol scoffed, glancing in-between them as she tried to focus on the road, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing," Ruby tried catching his breath as he spoke, "you and your sister are just so fucking dramatic!"

"I'm not being dramatic!" Marisol argued, noticing how she managed to sound exactly like Monse, "I'm just saying, we never, not ever, hug."

"Did she say she loves you too?" Jamal chuckled, hitting Ruby in the arm as they continued.

"Yes, she did! It was strange, okay?"

"Sure, it was," Ruby sarcastically remarked as Marisol pulled into the familiar driveway.

"Whatever," the girl rolled her eyes at their reactions, stopping the car before taking off her seatbelt. The three exited the vehicle, waking up the steps towards the front porch of the house. Marisol knocked hard on the wood, making sure she was heard over the loud music.

"Isn't it like, nine in the morning?" Jamal questioned, referring to the absence of silence coming from inside.

The door swung open a couple of seconds later. Ojos, one of Oscar's friends, narrowed his eyes at the three.

"Que onda?" He asked, looking in between each individual carefully.

Ruby swallowed the lump beginning to form in his throat, glancing up at the Santo, "Uh, we wanted to, uh-"

"Is Oscar here?" Marisol interrupted the boy, trying to get straight to the point.

"Yeah, he's here," Ojos slowly nodded, his eyes going to the pink box in Jamal's hands, "Are those donuts?"

"Mhm," Jamal nervously replied, his hands beginning to sweat as they tightly wrapped around the object. Ojos reached out to touch but Marisol quickly slapped his hand away, making the Santo retreat back.

"Those aren't for you."