❷➇

❷➇

"Thanks again," Marisol crossed her arms over her chest as she watched the teenagers pile into her car.

Chivo simply nodded his head, "No problem."

"I was wondering if you wouldn't mention this to Oscar," the girl nervously swaying back and forth on her toes.

One of Chivo's eyebrows raised, "About his brother staying here?"

"That, and the fake IDs and stuff," Marisol explained.

Chivo shook his head, "No need to worry, I wasn't planning on it. Ricky wouldn't agree with what is going on, he believed in taking care of family."

Marisol smiled in response.

"You remind me of Juanita, you know."

"The doll?" She asked, tilting her head at him.

"No, Ricky's Juanita," Chivo corrected, beginning to explain, "Juanita and Ricky had been together since we were all kids. They had a lot of history, a lot of fighting. Ricky kept secrets but Juanita did too. Pero a través de todo, se mantuvieron sólidos. When Ricky died, it was hard for her to let go."

"Is that why you keep the dolls?"

"Yes, they resemble the true souls of past Santos, my friends," the man leaned forward, his eyes warning her, "keeping secrets from your hombre isn't wise, it will only catch up to you in the end, like it did for Ricky."

After driving to the closest Money Bunny locations in their city and successfully getting enough to get Cesar out of town, Marisol decided to take the teenagers out to eat to celebrate.

Monse took out her phone as they walked back to the car, beginning to text Cesar, "He's going to be so happy!"

As Marisol unlocked the car door, a green vehicle stopped in front of them.

Three men were inside the car, Travis being in the driver's seat.

"Monse!" The guy in the passengers yelled at her, causing the girl to gasp as she held the money in her hand. Marisol quickly snatched it away from her, shoving it into her back pocket as the guys continued, "We already know he ain't at your pops house anymore, so where he at, then?"

The man then chuckled, glancing over at Ruby, who was shaking with fear, "And we already know what's up with you, Ruby."

He held his hand out towards the boy, pointing at him, "Bang!" The teenagers all jumped as Marisol kept her eyes on Travis, steam practically coming from her ears. He couldn't bring himself to make eye contact with her as his friends continued.

"Santo killer though," they laughed.

"Woah, woah," the man in the backseat said to his friends, looking over at Marisol, "don't say that shit in front of her. You already know she's with Spooky now."