❶❷

❶❷

Marisol laid back on her bed, her eyes glued on the ceiling as she let the music freely blast in her ears. Last night replayed in her head over and over again, causing a burning lump to form in her throat. She swallowed it, trying to hold back the tears.

The girl thought back to the night before, when she was drunk and carefree, even if it was with a bunch of Santos. Marisol hated to admit it but she craved nothing more than a drink right now.

When she saw a figure standing in her door, Marisol took the headphone out of her ear, turning her head.
She had caught a glimpse of her sister, rolling her eyes before placing the headphone back in her ear.

"Go away," Marisol told her, looking back up at the ceiling.

"I just wanted to say goodbye before I went to the dance," Monse awkwardly shuffled between her feet.

"Well, bye," Marisol coldly said.

"You helped me pick this dress out, remember?" The younger girl chuckled, running her hands down the dress for her sister.

Marisol shrugged, "I'm surprised Sele- sorry, Julia, didn't make you buy a new, expensive one."

"How long are you going to be mad at me?"

Marisol scoffed, ripping both headphones out of her ears as she sat up in the bed.

She stood up, "Mad? Mad? Monse, I'm royally pissed. I told you to not go looking for Selena and you didn't listen. I told you that I wanted nothing to do with her and you still didn't listen. You didn't even have the guts to tell Dad about you sneaking around behind his back, so how do you think he felt when she just showed up here last night?"

"I didn't know she was going to do that, I swear! And, I was going to tell dad, I was."

"It doesn't matter now, does it?" Marisol began to turn around, when Monse grabbed her wrist.

"You can't be mad at me forever, we're sisters." Marisol pushed Monse back, taking her arm away from her which completely shocked the young girl,

"We're not anymore."

"You seriously are going to treat me like I'm some kind of traitor," Monse shook her head, scoffing, "are we just going to totally ignore you getting dropped off by Oscar yesterday? Oscar, seriously? The same guy who has Cesar sleeping out on the streets? Funny how you hated him just as much as I did, but you're just like him."

Marisol chuckled, rolling her eyes, "Screw you."

"Screw you," Monse spat back, shoving her sister back.

Marisol angrily growled, pushing Monse harder into the hallway. The two began to shove each other back and forth, screaming and yelling throughout the house. Monty ran from the living room, breaking up the fight before it could escalate.

"Stop! Cut it out, now!" Monty pushed the girls away from each other, getting in between them.

He pointed to the front door, "Monse, go wait in the car!" The girl took one last look at Marisol before storming out.

Marisol rolled her eyes, turning around to go back in her room when her father followed behind her.

"Where do you think you're going?" He questioned.

Marisol groaned, stomping down the hallway, "I just want to be left the fuck alone!"

No, you and I are going to have a talk," Monty followed the girl into her room, gesturing to the bed, "Sit, now!"

Marisol obeyed, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared up at her father.

"This need to end. The fighting with your sister, slamming the doors, all this anger you have, it stops now," Monty ordered, "The secrets in this house stops now."

"Tell that to Monse," Marisol interrupted.

"I'm talking about you too!" Monty yelled, "You didn't come home for a whole night and then the next morning, you have the nerve to get out of Oscar Diaz's car."

"Dad, I-"

"I'm not done! Then, you tried to have your cousin lie for you! First, it was the Prophets, now the Santos, it's like you girls are addicted to danger." Marisol stayed silent as Monty began to pace around the room in anger, not knowing what to do with himself. "It's like I can't trust you guys anymore, my own daughters."

Marisol could feel the familiar lump fill her throat, the burning sensation causing her eyes to water. She quickly wiped away the tears that had slipped out, never wanting to cause this much trouble for her father.

"Maybe it is a good idea for you to get out of Freeridge," Monty shook his head, his hands on his hips.

"I'm not leaving," Marisol argued, sniffling as she wiped her face, "I'm not living with that bitch."

"You will not talk about your mother that way," Monty pointed a finger at his daughter.

"She's not my mother," Marisol stated, using her shirt sleeve to dry her face. She sighed, pushing her hair out of her face as the tears quickly came to an end, "I don't have a mother."

Marisol rose from the bed, pushing past Monty as she made her way down the hallway.

"Where are you going?" He called out to the teenager, "I'm not finished!"

"I am," Marisol said before slamming the door behind her.

some more drama for yall before the romance settles in and this officially becomes an oscar fanfic but i still will focus on marisol's family, work, friends and personal life i hate when on my block fanfics only focus on the character and the love interest like does your character not do anything else??????