➅

As Marisol entered the house, she slowly closed the door behind her as she called out.

"Dad?"

"In here!" He answered, his voice heard from down the hallway. Marisol followed it into her bedroom, where he was standing on top of a ladder as he focused on fixing her lights.

"What are you doing?" She chuckled, looking up at him.

"This damn light kept flickering, it was bothering me," he handed her the old bulb, signaling her to grab a new one. When she did, she carefully gave it to her father.

"You're home early," he said, screwing in the light.

Marisol shrugged, walking around the latter as she sat on her bed, continuing to watch him, "We barely had any customers so Paolo decided to close up."

"Ah," he nodded his head slowly, screwing the light cover back into the ceiling before climbing down from the latter. Marisol sat quiet for a few moments, thinking about her conversation with Monse from earlier.

She had known about Monse discovering Julia for a couple of weeks, and she strongly advised against it.

Unlike Marisol, Monse had craved the idea of their mother coming back. She had always fantasized that somehow, their mother would "magically" return and the family would pick up where they left off. Marisol was more realistic, she knew that Selena wasn't going to be apart of her life.

She fought herself whether or not she should tell her father what Monse was doing, but Marisol didn't see the point of doing so. It would just bring up unnecessary feelings, cause stress and more.

So, she didn't.

Her father put his hands on his hips, tilting his head, "You alright?"

Marisol snapped out of her thoughts, "Huh? Yeah-yeah, I'm good."

Monty sighed, sitting down in the spot next to his daughter, placing his hands on top of hers, "Monse told me about the breakup."

Marisol groaned, "Ugh, dad, I really don't want to talk about it."

"Hey, hey, we don't have to. Just know, I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to."

Marisol sarcastically smiled, nodding her head, "Oh, I know dad."

As she stared at him, Marisol bursted out laughing at the "concerned" look on her father's face, "You can stop trying to be consoling, I know you hated Travis."

"I didn't hate him," Monty lied, giving up when he knew Marisol didn't fall for it, "Okay, I hated him."

a cute little father daughter moment before some spicy drama starts. i know i didn't really talk about marisol and travis's relationship in full detail but i swear ill find my way back to it in a couple of chapter for nowww