❶❸

❶❸

The door abruptly swung open, making the girl jump. Oscar squinted his eyes at Marisol, who stood on the front porch.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, instantly regretting that she had came over, "are you busy?"

Oscar looked over his shoulder, taking a look at the group of men in the living room before shaking his head, "Nah. What's up?"

He closed the door slowly, stepping out of the house.

Marisol couldn't hide the sadness in her voice as she spoke, "I just really needed someone to talk to, and Athena's on a date right now-" Marisol stopped herself, feeling the tears begin to form again.

Oscar stared at her, his eyes searching the girl's face, her sadness passing itself onto him as well. He was probably the last person she would ever come to, so he knew that whatever was bothering her had to be serious. Oscar took her hand in his, leading the teenager down the porch steps to his car, "Come on."

He opened the door for her, watching as she got inside, "Where are we going?" She asked.

He made his way around to the other side, quickly hopping in before starting the car. The Santo put his arm around Marisol's seat as he turned to back out of the driveway, "Out."

"What are we doing here?" Marisol chuckled as they got off of the car. She closed the door, following him as the two walked through the entrance.

"It's where we always go," he shrugged, walking beside her.

He had brought her to the park where they used to play as kids, knowing that it would slightly cheer her up.

"Used to go," Marisol corrected. They began to walk around the football field, the lights blaring brightly in the nighttime.

"I saw what happened yesterday," Oscar broke the silence, looking over at the girl as they continued to walk, "that was your mom, wasn't it?"

Marisol placed her hands in the pockets of her hoodie, nodding her head.

"Yeah," she coughed, looking down at her feet, "it was." Oscar remained quiet, not knowing what to exactly say without upsetting her. The girl didn't wait for him to respond though as she continued, "I still can't believe she had the nerve to just- show up like that, like it hasn't been over a decade."

The brunette dryly laughed, shaking her head, "You know she tried to accuse my father of being a bad parent?" Marisol looked up at Oscar, her eyes turning dark with anger, "Her, out of all people! Like she was mother of the year, or something."

Oscar let her vent, knowing that that was the best option when Marisol got upset like this.

"She goes by Julia now too," she ran a hand through her wavy hair, the wind beginning to pick up, making her eyes squint, "her hairs all straight and blond, almost like she designed herself into this new person and now? She wants me and Monse to live with her. She's already got Monse convinced it's better."