❷❸

❷❸

August 29, 2016

Marisol slowly was able to make her way up the staircase, pushing through the crowd of people blocking her. The girl eventually found her cousin, Athena, entertaining her usual group of guys. Marisol tapped her on the shoulder, forcing the brunette to turn around.

Athena slightly spilled whatever drink was in her cup, onto the floor as she greeted her cousin, "Hey!"

Marisol uncomfortably hugged the girl back, knowing the guys were silently cursing her for interrupting. The curly haired girl pulled Athena to the side, bringing her mouth closer to the girl's ear.

"Have you seen Travis?" She questioned why over the bass of the house music.

Athena simply shook her head, shrugging her lean shoulders, "No, not since we first got here, why?"

Marisol anxiously ran a hand through her hair.

Her eyes went down to the people on the first floor as she scanned the room, "I can't find him anyway, I think I'm just gonna head home soon." The only reason why Marisol even agreed to come was because Travis advised her to.

Athena took one last sip of her drink before tossing the empty cup, "We're going to find him. Come on." Athena began to drag her cousin behind her as she rudely shoved whoever was in their way.

The duo began checking every room they had passed. Athena came to one of the three bathrooms in the house, trying to trist the door but it was of course, locked. She banged on the wood loudly, yelling for who was inside to open up. Justin, a boy they recently had graduated with and a friend of Travis', swung open the door.

He poked his head out, giving the girls an annoyed look. "What the fuck do y'all want?"

Athena scoffed at his disrespectful tone. She, bravely, shoved him back into the bathroom as she forced her way inside with Marisol behind her. They entered the fairly large sized bathroom, Travis inside along with Justin. Travis, leaned against the bathroom counter, yelled for Justin to quickly lock the door behind the girls.

On the shiny marble was a white substance, fine powder. Travis took his time to began to seperate the powder into six lines, neatly placing them with his debit card as Justin made sure no one would interrupt. Athena looked over at Marisol, who was dumbfounded as she continued to watch what her boyfriend was doing. She had never actually seen the drug before.

The girl spoke up, beginning to stutter with her words, "I-is t-that what I think it is?"

Travis didn't reply, just gave her a glance before continuing what he was doing. Travis bent down, lining his nostril up to the white lines. He closed the other nostril as he sniffed up the powder, wiping his nose when he finished. He shook off the high, moving out of the way for Justin to go next.

As Justin took his turn, Marisol nudged Travis in his arm. "You told me you were just selling," she whispered to her boyfriend.

The boy shrugged, "It's just a couple of lines, Trey isn't going to notice if its missing." Marisol couldn't believe what she was witnessing. Justin looked over to her and Athena, nodding for the girls to take a turn as well.

Marisol shook her head, eyeing Travis, "We're fine."

"Come on, one line isn't going to kill you," Justin rolled his eyes, his hand on Athena's waist as he pushed her towards the bathroom counter. He picked up the powder on the tip of his finger, holding it out to her.

"At least taste a little," he said to Athena, "I promise, it's not gonna hurt."

Athena naively leaned forward, licking the powder off.

She let out a chuckle, making the boys smile. "It tastes okay," she looked over at her cousin, who was full of anxiety, "try it. It's not that bad."

Marisol shook her head again, wanting to remove herself from the situation.

Travis put his lips to the girl's ear, talking lowly, "Babe, just do it." Marisol let out a deep breath, her hands beginning to shake as Justin prepared the line for her. She stepped forward, plugging her nose like she had seen the guys do.

"I just, like, sniffle it?" She questioned. Travis gave her a reassuring nod, staring at her as she bent closer to the countertop.

She felt a burning sensation throughout her nose to the back of her throat as the powder traveled up her nostrils. Marisol stepped back, rubbing her nose roughly, trying to stop the irritation. The boys began to laugh at her reaction, making her wonder if she even did it right.

"Try some more," Justin chuckled, picking up more powder on the edge of the credit card.

Marisol opened her mouth to tell him no when Travis placed a hand on her waist, a tight grip on the skin. "Do it."

So, Marisol did.

This time she didn't rush as much as she did the first time, making the drug go up easier. She let out a deep breath of relief as she began to sniffle. A couple of seconds later, it began to settle into her system, the fixtures in the bathroom burned brighter and the world turned into a shade lighter. Marisol liked how the high made her feel, so much that she wanted more.

a little backstory about marisol for yall ill get into it more during the story but tbh idk where i wanna go with this story like i love drama buuuut i love romance so idk what's gonna happen w marisol and oscar LOL