➆

Marisol always appreciated having her own car, she loved it.

She wasn't forced to walk everywhere anymore, she could go as far as she wanted.

She always had a place to smoke.

She liked having a car, even if it was plagued with that strange odor. Seriously, no matter how much one tried to get it out, it still lingered.

Marisol loved her car even if it would need a jump start once in a while, or guzzle up gas twice as quick.

She didn't realize how much she appreciated that stupid car until when she had tried to turn it on this morning.

Instead of the rich sound of the warm engine, all that was heard was sputtering and the sad whines of a dying car.

As Marisol walked the normal route to her job, the girl began to kick the rocks on the ground as a means to pass time. Since she had already been running extremely late, Marisol had forgotten to grab her headphones before she left.

A couple of minutes passed, making the girl's legs begin to ache and her chest feel heavy from how out of shape she had became. She kept forward, noticing a group of men approaching from the opposite direction. Marisol kept her head down, the whispering and childish hoots beginning.

They began to shout things at her, making her debate whether or not to turn back or cross the street. When she turned to cross, the loud roar of an engine and a familiar red car blocked her way.

Oscar rolled down the passenger's window, "Get in."

Not for one moment did she hesitate before opening the door, putting on her seatbelt as Oscar pulled off.

"Thanks," the girl said, her voice low as she stared out of the window.

She had been in Oscar's car before, when he had first been learning to drive. It still remained the same, probably because he took care of it with extensive pride.

"You shouldn't be walking by yourself like that," Oscar advised, rolling down his window to leave his arm stick out, "where's your car?"

"In the shop," Marisol answered, adjusting her sleeves lower as the cool air blew on her skin. Oscar noticed, glancing over to her as her fingers wrapped tightly around the sleeves to keep them in place over her hands. He sighed, bringing the windows back up to keep her from freezing.

They had arrived quickly, which was a relief for Marisol considering the awkward silence they were forced to sit in. Marisol gave him a half assed goodbye, opening her door but a hand around her wrist and stopped her.

"Wait," Marisol looked down at his hand, the warmth causing a feeling similar to butterflies to begin stirring in her stomach.

She glanced back up at him, waiting.

"What time do you get off tonight?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Marisol stayed silent for a moment, debating whether or not to tell him. She didn't exactly like Oscar, she thought he was a dick honestly. But, she also didn't feel like walking all the way home after a ten hour shift.

"Nine," she hesitantly answered and he nodded. The girl could've sworn a small smile had formed on his lips but when he noticed she had saw, it was immediately washed away.

He coughed awkwardly, letting go of her wrist, "Uh, okay. I'll see you then."

Oscar stayed parked, lighting a cigarette as he watched her walk towards the store. He couldn't help but to look at her backside in her tight blue jeans. He tilted his head slightly, his eyes following her move, chucking to himself.

As she reached to open the door for herself, it swung open, and a group of guys came out. They were exploding into fits of laughter, dabbing each other up. Marisol recognized the trio instantly as friends of Travis, members of the Prophets. She stared at them in confusion, wondering what they were doing in this neighborhood.

They stopped when they saw her, their laugher dying down. One of the three, Justin, smiled, "Oh shit, look who it is."

The girl grinned uncomfortably, "Hey."

The others noticed Oscar's bright car parked out front as he watched the encounter. Cameron nudged Juston, nodding towards the Santo, they all turned to Marisol.

"That's who you chilling with now?" Justin asked, his eyes narrowing at the teenager.

Marisol gulped, feeling extremely intimidated in their presence, "He was just giving me a ride, you know?"

Justin nodded slowly, not believing a word she said, "I don't know man, I don't think Trav's gonna be happy about that."

"Yo!" Oscar called out from the seat of his car, as he took another drag from his cigarette, "what's the problem?"

Justin chuckled, cupped his hands over his mouth as he shouted back, "No problem, ese! Just saying what's up to a friend!"

"These aren't your streets," Oscar calmly reminded, bringing the cigarette to his lips as he stared the three down. They muttered under their breaths as they quickly walked away from the store, taking Oscar's words serious.

Marisol let out a deep breath, running a hand through her hair as she watched the guys disappear around the corner.

Oscar threw the cigarette out of the window, starting his car and speeding off before Marisol could say anything to him.

The girl sighed, getting ready for a lecture from Paolo as she opened the door.

tbh if i saw oscar diaz staring at my ass i would feel like the baddest perra