❶➆

❶➆

The obnoxious vibrating of Marisol's phone woke her from her peaceful slumber. She groaned, rolling over to grab the device. She sat up, placing the phone to her ear, "Hello?"

"Hey," Monse laughed on the other line, "did I wake you up?"

Marisol yawned, checking what time it was, "Yeah, kinda. It's fine, I have to get up for work anyway, what's up?"

"Nothing, I just missed your voice."

"Aw," Marisol chuckled, getting out of bed, "I knew you wouldn't be able to resist me."

"How's things over there?"

"The same," Marisol shrugged, beginning to pick out her clothes for the day, "Dad's okay."

"And Cesar?"

"I heard he's been staying with Jamal," the girl answered, making her way to the bathroom. She put Monse on speaker as she set the phone down to put her hair up.

"Good," Monse sighed on the line.

"How's Brentwood?" Marisol ran the water, grabbing her cleanser, "Did Julia buy you a new car yet?"

"Ha ha," Monse replied, sarcastically, "it's cool, we've been writing together. I've made a couple of friends, but I still miss Jamal and Ruby." Marisol began to scrub her face as her sister continued to talk, "I miss you too."

Marisol splashed water on her face, grabbing a towel to wipe her wet face, "You could always visit."

"Or you can," Monse pointed out.

Marisol rolled her eyes, throwing the towel on the ground, "I'm not going over there."

"Oh, come on, it's not that bad. Plus, Julia really wants t-"

"Monse? Monse?" Marisol picked up the phone, "Monse? Can you hear me?"

"I can hear fine-"

"Ugh, I can't hear anything! I think you're breaking up," Marisol tried to hold back her laughter, "It must be the crappy, poor Freeridge wifi."

She hung up the phone.

The girl sighed, shaking her head at the idea of visiting her mother before stepping into the shower.

Marisol lazily followed behind Athena as the girl flipping through the clothing rack. She made disgusted noises as she looked over the clothes.

Athena looked over her shoulder at her cousin, "Can you keep up?"

Marisol rolled her eyes, continuing to scroll through her phone, "I don't get why you invited me, you know I hate the mall."

Athena picked up a dress from the rack, placing it over her chest, "Because I need a second opinion."

"I thought you hated the way I dress," Marisol reminded.