10| Scalpel

Pete

I pulled my hand away from Patrick's thigh and stood up to my whole height, looking down on the small, shocked boy. "I'm not going to do anything with you. I just wanted to tease you." I said, letting out a laugh. I turned and walked towards the stairs, stopping when Patrick's small voice fills the room. "But would you?" He asked, his fragile voice shaky. "What?" I asked, turning to look at him, my eyebrows furrowed, but he couldn't see.

"If I wanted you to, would you?" He said again, his voice louder this time, but still nervous. "If you wanted it, then sure. But I know you won't." I said. I was going to kill him, and his mother, there was no way he'd want an intimate relationship with me. Or even a friendship. Even if a sliver of me wanted something, I knew he didn't. He couldn't.

I didn't say anything else and instead made my way up the stairs, I needed to sleep. I was going to have a long day tomorrow. As I left the basement I locked the door behind me. I didn't even need the lock, none of my players have ever escaped, but I still kept it. Why? Because when they sat in the cold basement and heard the click of the deadbolt they knew; they knew that their chances of escaping vanished as soon as that sound echoed off of the cement walls.

_____________________

My alarm blaring caused me to snap out of my dreams and wake up, a sigh leaving me as I grabbed my phone and turned the loud noise off. I set it back down on the nightstand and pulled the covers off of my almost naked body, I got up from the bed and walked over to my closet, pulling on a pair of black jeans and a navy t-shirt. After that I grabbed a black beanie, socks, my converse, and a grey sweater.

I got my phone and shoved it into my pocket before walking to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and quickly went to the bathroom then made my way to the kitchen. I got a granola bar from the cupboard and opened it, taking a bite of it before starting to make Patricks breakfast. I was in a rush today, so I just got him a juice box and a muffin. I took another bite of my granola bar before grabbing Patricks things and making my way to the basement, grabbing my mask as I went.

I unlocked the door and pulled it open, I made my way down the creaky steps, seeing Patrick still fast asleep as I made it to the bottom. He was curled up in a small ball, his knees pressed to his chest as soft snores escaped him. He was shivering, considering he was on a cold floor with only a t-shirt and sweats covering him. So after setting his muffin and juice box down on the empty tray in front of him I took off my sweater and draped it on top of him.

He let out a small whine in his sleep and grabbed at the sweater, pulling it closer to his small body. A fond smile graced my face, seeing something like this was calming. But then I realized how he got here, and why he was here and the smile disappeared as soon as it came. I watched him for a few more seconds before finally leaving, the sound of Patricks soft snores and the creak of the steps being the last thing I heard before I shut the door.

I walked to my room again and went straight to my closet, grabbing another sweater and tugging it on. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, seeing it was almost eight. I was supposed to be by Josh's in half an hour, so I grabbed the duffel bag that sat next to my bedroom door, I had packed a few things last night. Everything I'd need for tonight. I had an exciting day ahead of me, I always loved the hunt.

I walked out of my room and to the front door, grabbing my car and house keys from the tiny hook before leaving the house. After locking everything I made my way to the car and got in, starting it before pulling onto the driveway and making my way into town. The drive was fairly long, but I didn't mind. It gave me time to think, and it also made my cabin hard to find, considering it was right in the middle of the woods.