15| Cooking

Patrick

"So can we go now?" I asked, standing up and swayed on my feet. The man shook his head, causing me to whine. "Why not?" I asked and sat down on the bed with a frown. "I need to teach you a few things first. You can't just go into someone's room and grab them. You have to be strategic about it." He said, bookmarking the page before standing up. He had a point, but I just wanted to see Taylor suffer. But I knew I had to learn some things, I couldn't risk getting caught. "Okay, so teach me, we have all day." I said, glancing at the clock on the wall. The man sighed and stood up. "Fine." He grumbled and turned to walk out of the room.

I watched with confusion before he returned a minute later, holding a pretty thick book. He closed the laptop and moved it to the corner of the desk before setting the book down, a thud echoing around the room. I moved closer to the edge of the bed, the side closet to the desk so I could get a better look at the book. It was leather with the words 'Murder 101' messily scribbled on the cover with what I assumed was a silver sharpie. "What a cliché name." I chuckled quietly. "It was all I could think of at the time." The man mumbled, shrugging a little as he opened the book. 'Lesson One; Picking Your Victim' was in big red letters on the first page, making me more excited for the next few hours.

____________________________

After five hours the man and I finished the book. He had skipped over a few things, but for the most part I knew what I was doing. "Okay, I'm going to leave this book here so you can go over it. I want to get him here in the next three days, so memorize everything. Because I won't sit with you for hours on end, my ass hurts already." He said, standing up and stretching. "Do you think we could get him tonight?" I asked eagerly. "No. Today just study and shit, then tomorrow we'll make a game plan, then we'll get him." The man said, I nodded. "Okay, well I'm gonna go make dinner." And with that he made his way to the door. "Wait!" I said quickly, making him sigh and turn to look at me. "Can I uh, come with you?"

"You know, you sure do ask for a lot of stuff. But fine." He mumbled, walking out of the room. I smiled and got of off the bed, following after him. I walked into the familiar hallway before turning left, we passed the living room which I had seen before, but then we walked into the kitchen. My eyes scanned the room; the floor was the same as the rest of the house, the walls were a light blue, the cabinets were dark wood and the appliances looked fairly new. "What do you want?" The man asked, walking over to the fridge and pulling it open. "Do you have stuff to make pizza?" I asked, walking a little closer to him.

"I have frozen pizzas," he replied, closing the fridge and opening the freezer above it. "But like, do you have stuff to make one? It's more fun that way." I said, walking over to the fridge and opening it. My eyes scanned the shelves before they landed on pizza dough. "See, you already have the dough ready." I said, picking up the package. "Oh, yeah. My friend came over a while ago to make a pizza because he broke his oven, and I guess he didn't use all of the dough." The man shrugged as he stood behind me. I set the dough on the counter before going to the fridge and grabbing more things like sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. "Where's your pizza pan?" I asked, looking around the kitchen.

The man got a big, circle pan out of one of the cupboards and handed it to me. "Okay great, thanks." I said, taking it and setting it down on top of the stove. I grabbed the dough and opened the packaging before taking the lump of dough and putting it onto the pan. I tried spreading it around to make a big circle, but I'm to weak so nothing really happened. "Here," the man said, coming up behind me. As he spread the dough with no effort all I could focus on was the fact that he was pressed against my back. I stared wide eyed at the pan as his body moved against mine, his chest being pressed flat against my back. He slowly stopped his movements, realization hitting him too.