18| Smile

{Warning: Gruesome content}

Pete

"How do you wanna kill the lady?" I asked, sticking the syringe into the tiny bottle before filling it up carefully. "I don't know. Are we gonna leave her body here, or?" Patrick trailed off, his voice getting quiet as he waited for me to answer. I turned and looked at him, seeing him already staring back. "I mean, we could take her if you want. But it'd also be nice to mutilate and leave her here for her pig of a husband to come home to." I chuckled, turning back to my bag. "Yeah, I guess we'll do that. What did you all bring?" Patrick asked, walking over to me. "Just look through the bag and get anything that makes you interested." I said, putting the bottle away.

Patrick reached into one of the side pockets, pulling out a pocket knife. He snapped it open and smiled, letting it glint in the moonlight. "You're gonna use that?" I questioned, zipping up the pocket he had left open. "Yeah," he nodded as we both turned to the crying figures. I rolled my ass when my eyes landed on Taylor, he was glaring at me, his face red as tears escaped his eyes. I walked over, syringe in hand. He tried wiggling away from me but I grabbed him and pushed the needle into his neck, making his body go limp. "Annoying cunt." I muttered under my breath.

I backed up so I could admire my work before I turned to the sobbing woman. "Okay, now for yo-" I felt my stomach drop as I looked at her. Those all too familiar brown eyes starred back into my identical ones as I stopped all my movements. As I snapped out of my daze I took a few slow steps forward, not daring to take my eyes off of her. She starred back at me, her eyes scanning every inch of my being before even more tears began streaming down her face. I swallowed the lump in my throat before I spoke up. "Mom?"

She opened her eyes and looked at me again before violently shaking her head. I stepped closer and bent down to look at her face. She looked the same, even after almost fifteen years. The only slight difference was that she had more wrinkles and her hair was starting to turn grey. "It is you." I said, frowning. "You- you left me. All alone. With that monster." I yelled, standing up, anger filling every inch of my body. "And you've been here the entire time? With a new fucking family?" I yelled, my hands going up to my hair and pulling as I took deep breaths.

"Pete," Patrick said quietly, setting his hand on my shoulder. I ignored him and pulled my shoulder away. I turned back to my mom, seeing she was still staring at the ground and crying silently. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" I yelled, walking over and grabbing her hair to pull her head up. She let out a muffled scream and looked up at me, her eyes full of fear and what I assumed- and hoped- was regret. "Pete, it's fifteen until three." Patrick said hurriedly, making me sigh and turn back to him. "You take her, I'll take Taylor and the bag." I mumbled, turning back to my mom.

Despite her protests and movements I shoved the syringe into her neck and injected everything that was left. As I got up to put away the syringe Patrick walked over to her and picked up her limp body, draping her over his shoulder. I quickly packed up the bag, making sure I didn't leave anything behind before I put it over my body with the long strap. "Text Josh and tell him to disable the alarms." I said, pulling my phone out and throwing it to Patrick who barley managed to catch it. As I picked up Taylor- who was fucking heavy- Patrick unlocked my phone and quickly sent a text to Josh.

"They'll be disabled in ten seconds. We have fifteen to leave." He said, putting my phone into his pocket before zipping it up. I nodded and walked over to the door, counting till twelve just to make sure it was unlocked before I quickly opened the door and slid through, accidentally hitting Taylor's head on the frame as I went. I heard Patrick chuckle behind me as he exited the house before sliding the door shut. "Should we lock it?" He whispered. I shook my head, "There's no point. When he gets home he'll know somebody was in the house."