Prologue

Camila POV

The rays of sun coming through my window and my alarm going off were enough for me to finally roll out of bed. It's a Thursday and school starts in one week.

I grab my phone that reads 8:00 a.m. Our captain of the cheerleading squad thinks we need to practice early. The only reason why there aren't complaints from the squad is because we will be practicing while the football team is practicing. What girl doesn't love seeing a guy in a uniform?

I grab my clothes and change into them. I pull my hair back, brush my teeth and head out. It's going to be another hot one.

It takes about fifteen minutes to get from my house to the school. My school holds about 3,000 students. I feel as if I know about 20 of them.

I pull out of my driveway and start my morning off with a jam session. I turn my music up and sing along with One Direction.

'But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms and if you like having secret little rendezvous. If you like to do the things you know we shouldn't do, baby I'm ...'

"PER..." I slam my foot on the break. "Holy shit!" I grab my chest as my heart is beating randomly. "I'm so glad you guys think you own the road!" I shouted out to no one as the cross-country team ran right out in front of me.

That was close to being traumatizing. I continue driving but I keep my eyes wide and my music down. I felt a small victory when I arrived in our school's parking lot safely.

I grab my bag and get out. I walk towards Dinah's car. As I got closer, I could only shake my head at the girl.

I tap on her window. "Are you seriously sleeping?" I knocked on her window a couple of times.

Dinah's head shoots up and drools all over her chin. She uses the back of her hand to wipe it away. I swear... This girl is something.

I open up her door and Dinah eats pavement. "Walz, what the hell?"

I extend my hand to help her up. "I was trying to help you out. Why are you sleeping in your car? It's hot as hell out here."

Dinah brushes herself off. "I'm tired!" She whines. "Normani is crazy for making us practice early on our last week of summer break."

It could have been worse and practice be at six in the morning. "Don't you usually jam out to Beyonce to wake yourself up?"

"Duh bish." She slips her hair back. "But I currently don't have a phone. I finally talked my mom into letting me get an upgrade. The only down part is I have to get a new number so you better change my number."

I pull her name and erase her number. "Do you know what your new number will be?"

"I do." She says. "555-528-7365."

I punch in the numbers. "When will you have your phone? I need to tell you something really important. I'm scared to tell you out loud but I can't wait any longer."

"I'll have it when I get home." Dinah does a happy dance. "Whatever you need to tell me I'll understand. Don't be scared to tell me. We are best friends for a reason."

She says that but after I tell her will she really mean it? For now I put my soon-to-be crisis aside and perk up so no one knows I am dealing with something.

"Looking good boys." I shout out as a group of football players walk in front of me. "Jauregui! The summer has treated you well."

Chris shoots me a wink. "Same with you, but we all know you have always been hot."

I bite my lip and grin as he walks by. "How freaking adorable." Dinah fakes a cry. "When are you going to snatch him up?"

About that...