Chapter 9

Camila POV

Lucky? I think that is how all the "athletes" that are going to Jake's party tonight. The football team has a first week bye for the playoffs, which means the football players and the cheerleaders are completely free tonight.

Even if there were a game, we would still be going. Now we have more time to perfect our costumes.

I am currently at Dinah's with Ally and Normani. Dinah is going as a sluttier version of Beyonce. I kind of figured Normani or her would dress up like B.

Ally went bold and is going as a ketchup bottle, which causes Normani to endlessly tease her.

"You seriously worry me." Normani keeps laughing after Ally puts her costume on. "Why on earth would you be a freaking ketchup bottle?"

Because Ally is innocent...

"Will and I went shopping together." She defends. "He saw the Ketchup and Mustard bottles and thought it would be funny."

Normani's laugh gets louder. "At least he didn't make you mustard!"

"Would you stop?"

"Never." Normani calms herself for a second. "Do me a favor."

"What is that?" Ally is setting herself up without realizing it.

"Never let a gay guy pick your costume." The laughing comes back.

Ally gives her a playful shove. "Can you make fun of someone else now? I think you had enough fun with me."

Three sets of eyes go to me. "What?"

"Seriously Camila? What are we two?" Normani starts going at it. "Jasmine is something you dress as when you are little."

I roll my eyes. "I don't care. I like it."

"She just wants to show off her stomach." Dinah chips in. "I bet she is trying to get her crush's attention."

I could kill Dinah right now.

"Oh my god! Who is it?" Ally beats Normani in asking.

Like I said, Dinah is dead... "No one."

"Liar!" Normani shouts. "You are a bad liar, your face totally gives it away."

Ally claps her hand together. "Let's guess!"

Dinah sits on the bed. "This ought to be good."

Clearly she doesn't want to be friends.

"Jacob."

"Michael."

"Shawn."

"Austin." Oh hell no.

"Charlie."

"Stop!" I demand both of them. "Don't worry about who it is."

Normani puts her hand up and does a cat scratching action. "Okay crabby."

I'm not crabby, they are just annoying with their childish behavior.

"Can you finish getting ready so we can go?" My question was directed towards Normani who is the only one not in costume. "I need to get alcohol in me if I'm going to put up with your teasing all night."

"Shit Cabello." Normani giggles. "The last three parties your ass disappeared on us. I don't know why you claim you need to be drunk to hang out with us, because I bet you will disappear again."

Dinah snorts and I send her a glare.

In the back of my mind, I hope I disappear at tonight's party...