Chapter 16

Camila POV

Tonight is a home basketball game and after there is a party at Jake's house again. Lauren is going and she said would probably be drinking since Carter is in New York with Zayn later today.

She is picking me up after the game so we can go together, which I'm excited about. The first thing is getting through the school day and the basketball game.

*Buzz*

Lauren: Good morning, beautiful. Usually I would send a cute message but I have something to tell you.

This is never good. What possibly could interrupt my daily morning text from Lauren?

Camila: Oh great, what is it?

Lauren: Zayn kept his word about a song... He sent me the link.

Camila: Did you listen to it?"

Lauren: No, I thought we could be together. Do you want to ride with me to school? I'll be dropping Carter off in about twenty minutes before he heads to New York with Zayn.

I am nervous about the song, but smiling like a fool at Lauren's offer.

Camila: Offering a ride to school? Sounds very girlfriend of you...

Lauren: Soon babe. Is that a yes?

Does soon mean she is going to make it official soon?

Camila: Yup, I'll be waiting.

I gather all my school stuff and cheerleading things. Since I won't have my car, I'll just go to Dinah's after school to get ready for the game.

I haul my crap down the stairs where I was met by my nothing. Since I came out to her it's been different. I gave her the space she asked for. Now she acts as if I didn't tell her anything.

I am assuming she is in denial because she won't acknowledge or talk about it. For now it's fine, because at least she isn't treating me poorly.

"Are you running behind mila?" my mom looks at her watch. "Usually you are gone by now."

This is true. I am an early bird when it comes to getting to school. "I'm waiting for Lauren to drop off Carter. She is giving me a ride."

"What?" My mom shouts, startling me. "What did you do with your car Karla?"

My mom starts marching towards the door. "My car is fine!"

"Then why are you making Lauren take you to school?" My mom puts her hand on her hips. "She has more to worry about than being your chauffeur."

Because I am crazy about her and she offered me a ride. "We are friends, mom. Plus I'm going to Dinah's after school before the game. Why not save gas?"

That was an excellent excuse if you ask me.

"I'm on to you Karla." My mom squints her eyes and all. "You teenagers are always up to no good."

Thank god I hear Lauren and Carter outside. The way my mom was staring at me was getting creepy.

"Mila." Carter runs to me and gives me a giant hug. "I never see you in the mornings!"

He is observant. "Your mommy is giving me a ride. Is that okay?"

"I guess." He is too cute. "I am flying to New York today! Daddy will be here at... uh."