Chapter 22

Lauren POV

"Mommy, can you get the crayons out?" Carter smacks my lap. "Please?"

I hear Normani giggling. "Did your mommy hide the crayons from you?"

Carter nods his head up and down. "She took them away."

"How rude!." Normani does the Stephanie Tanner voice. "Why are you so mean Lauren?"

"Yeah mommy, why are you so mean?"

Carter has a tendency without even trying to get my friends to get on me for him. "Well some certain four year old thought he could draw all over his closet wall."

Normani stops laughing and looks at Carter. "Is that true?"

"Yes." He gives a pout. "Daddy draws all over his walls and no one takes his things away!"

"That's because your daddy bought his own house so he can do that." I state. "I don't think grandma and grandpa want your scribbles on their walls."

Carter sticks his bottom lip out even further. "I just want to draw like you and daddy. I want to practice so I can be like you guys."

"Aw." Normani scoops him up in her arms. "You are so freaking cute."

This is why Normani can't babysit. Carter can easily talk her into anything.

"I'll give you the crayons if you promise to keep them on the paper." As I say that about Normani, here I am giving in to him. "Do you promise?"

He wiggles out of Normani's arms. "Yes. I promise." He gives me his innocent smile. "I am making Camila a birthday present. Sinu said she is turning 18! That's as old as you!"

Carter's eyes widen as if that is the coolest thing ever. I walk into my room and grab the crayons I had hidden. Carter already went to his room so I took them there.

"Here you are bud."

"Get out mommy!" He demands. "No peeking is allowed."

The personality of him...

I shut his door and go back to the couch where Normani is watching TV. "I like the sass on him." Normani would say that. "It's like a bit of me is rubbing off on him."

"So basically you are telling me you are corrupting my innocent child."

Normani starts to bust up. "Zayn Malik and Lauren Jauregui child being innocent? NO way, at least not for long. He is destined to be a badass like you two."

I want to take that as a compliment but I am a little worried for my future if that is the truth. Carter is going to be a handful isn't he?

"Anyway." Normani says. "How are you and Camila doing? Do you have big plans for her birthday?"

"Not yet, which is bad since it's this week." I am already stressed about messing it up. "I think she is mad at me though."

Normani takes her eyes away from the TV. "What did you do Lauren Michelle?"

I take a deep breath as I start to explain...

*Flashback*

Currently I am sitting on Camila's bed with her and I am completely nervous to tell her the news I have. "I have a curveball to tell you about college." I tap my fingers against my leg. "I already have confirmed with my parents and the school that I am attending next year. It's not one of the two I told you about either."

The look on Camila's face is fear and I am sure I look like that too. "You are scaring me Lauren."

"I am sorry." I frown at her. "Have you confirmed where you are going?"