Chapter 13

Camila POV

Dinah didn't come by my house or text me at all yesterday. It completely surprised me because of Saturday and how nosey she is.

What doesn't surprise me is when I pulled up to school she was waiting for me.

"What a beautiful morning." Dinah puts her arms out and "soaks" up the sun. "It's a perfect day for you to tell me how your night went on Saturday."

Both of us head to the building. "It was good." I try to be coy about it.

"Good? That is all."

The biggest smile pops up on my face. "It was amazing. We went mini golfing, out to eat, and to the beach."

"How cute!" Dinah squeals. "My Camila has herself a girlfriend."

"Lauren is not my girlfriend." I corrected her.

Dinah stops us walking. "Did you go on a date with some other chick I don't know about?"

"No!" Who does she think I am? "It was with Laruen. It wasn't a date."

Dinah puts her hand on her hips. "Did you both pay for your own stuff?"

I shake my head side to side. "No, Lauren paid for everything."

"Seeeee." Dinah exaggerates the word. "It was a date. Camila and Lauren, who would have thought they would end up a couple?"

"Dinah we aren't in a relationship."

She gets a puzzle look. "Why the hell not? If your night was so amazing then why wouldn't you guys be official?"

"It's complicated."

"Always is it seems like that." Dinah mumbles. "Lauren isn't the type of girl who doesn't do relationships because she wants to fuck around with other people is she?"

"N..." Dinah cuts me off.

"I'm not okay with that Walz. You deserve better and I'll give her a beat down. You know I will. I already threatened her once."

Wait, what? "That is not how Lauren is." I try telling the overreacting Dinah.

Our walking picks back up. "Why are you not a couple then? You have to give me more than it's complicated."

I use walking a hall length to think about how to tell Dinah. "Lauren and I are in no rush in putting a title on us. We are going to continue to build our connection and if the time is right and the connection is strong then we will be official." I hope so.

"You guys are supposed to be young and dumb." Dinah giggles. "Not young and mature. You are making the rest of us look bad."

I give her a shove. "It's not hard to make you look bad."

"Oh hell no Cabello. You don't want to start the war." She warns. "Pay back at lunch."

My eyes widened a bit. "I didn't do anything to deserve pay back."

"Game on bish." Dinah flips her hair and struts down the hallway as if it's a runway.

Maybe during lunch I should hide out.. if I did that would make Dinah's supposed pay back 100% worse...

I open my locker and put my things in. As I was reaching for my book for my first class, a pair of hands touched my side. "Hey you." A husky voice whispers.

Me being as jumpy as I am moves too fast and smacks my head on the side of my locker.

"Ouch." I frown as I turn around to be greeted with emerald eyes. "You hurt me." I stick my lip out and pout.