Chapter 5

Camila POV

It's Monday and I'm dragging my butt to school, still tired from Friday's party. Thankfully cheer practice is this afternoon instead of an early morning practice. I was hoping that Normani would give us today off from practice since the party was at her house Friday night, but no such luck. I walk into school with my usual clique, but secretly I have an eye out for Lauren. I haven't talked to her since she left me at the party and I am really curious as to what is going on.

"Camila!"

I snap back into reality as I hear Dinah's voice.

"Are you going to carry all your shit around all day or are you going to stop at your locker?"

Dinah annoyingly asks, as I realize I've passed our lockers when they stopped.

"I don't know what has gotten into you lately Camila, but you really need to open up to me if there is something you need to tell me." Dinah whispers to me, so the other girls can't hear.

"Everything is fine, I promise I will share anything with you that comes up..." I try to avoid this conversation because I don't even fully know what is going on.

Dinah gives me a quick peck on the cheek and hops off towards her first class as I go the opposite way toward mine.

The day actually goes by quickly, and next thing I know the 3:00 bell is ringing. I still haven't seen Lauren today, so I decided to see if Normani has spoken with her since they are supposedly old friends.

"Hey Mani, have you seen Lauren today? I need to ask her something."

"No, I think she stayed home sick today." Normani responds

Before I could respond, another girl from our cheer squad, Rachel, chimes in.

"I heard she was allowed to take a personal day today, which is bull crap. How do they decide who is special enough for a personal day?"

"Maybe she had family matters..." Normani responds in defense. I wonder why she is being so defensive of Lauren? Without responding, I roll my eyes at Rachel and head to the locker room to get ready for practice.

It's now Friday and embarrassingly enough, it seems like I have been fighting for Lauren's attention all week. Today I decide that I am going to confront Lauren about the way she's been a push off this week and see what happens. What could I lose?

Lucky for me, as I was coming out of the locker room after putting my cheer uniform on for the day/game tonight, I saw Lauren going into the bathroom. It's still early enough before school that there shouldn't be very many people around so I follow her in. I was standing by the sink as she came out of the stall, and I guess she didn't hear me come in because she jumped back a little.

"Jesus Camila! Are you following me?"

"Yes, actually, I am! I want to know what is going on Lauren? Why are you being distant and quiet this week?" I ask her.

"It's not like you and I have talked everyday Camila... I just don't understand what you expect from me. There is a lot you don't know and this has been a long week." She says, still distancing herself from me.

"Lauren, I like you. Plain and simple, I am not afraid to admit it. I like you a lot and I really want to get to know you and hangout other than just at parties in the dark. I just want you..." Before I could finish my sentence Lauren cut me off.

"Camila, I said I can't do this right now." Ouch.

I don't know what has gotten into me, maybe the rejection, but all I want to do right now is kiss her and prove that she does want to do this. Without giving any warning or suspicion I grab her and pull her into me, which causes my body to be pushed back into the sinks. I start kissing her deeply; wanting to make sure she is lured into wanting more. Surprisingly, Lauren doesn't pull away from me. In fact, she puts her hands under each of my upper thighs and lifts me up onto the counter, then pulls my legs around her body.