Chapter 19

Camila POV

"Are we still meeting up tomorrow at five?" Lauren asks as she leans against the locker beside me. "Carter's birthday party is in a week. I haven't got anything since I've had him nonstop the past month with Zayn being overseas. Now that Zayn is in Miami with him, I feel like it's the best time to do it."

Lauren looks a little flustered and stressed which is totally adorable on her. "No worries. I'll be there. I know you need my expertise on kid parties."

She chuckles. "Because you are a kid at heart."

I go to give her a shove, but she counters it by grabbing my hand causing my body to be brought into hers against the locker. I try keeping my cool as I respond to her comment. "So what if I am? I have to stay young as long as I can."

Lauren looks at my lips and leans in, giving me a small peck. She pushes herself off the locker and I take a step back. "Sorry Camila, but you aged twenty years by dating me since I was a kid." Seriously? "I am kidding, don't pass out on me babe."

"You need to be nice to me." I warn her as I shut my locker.

Lauren wraps her arms around my neck as we walk down the hall. "I treat you like a princess."

"You do, don't you?" I giggle as I kiss her on the cheek before going our separate ways. "Bye Lo."

"See you soon baby girl." She winks before disappearing.

I love her pet names...

I continue walking and soon a roach starts following me. "Do you need something, August?"

"It's Austin." Clearly, I just thought I would screw up his name since he does mine all the time. "I do need something. Can you stop for a second?"

I try to pick up my speed, but he steps in front of me causing me to almost run into him.

"I want to tell you something."

I don't want to hear anything he has to say. "What is it, Austin?"

He gets a cocky grin on his face. "I got contacted about my YouTube channel that I have some songs on. I have a great chance of getting signed to a record deal!"

People's poor ears... "Why are you telling me this? Do you think I actually care?

He rolls his eyes. "The more you act like you don't want me, the more I know you do. You can't tell me you are happy being a lesbian and dating slut with a bastard kid."

I bring my hands back before lunging forward so I could muster as much strength as possible as I shove him. "Don't you dare call her or him that."

Austin grabs a hold of my wrist and won't let up on his grip. "Such a frisky girl Camila. I like it. You didn't let me get to the best part. The record label is sending out one of their signed artists to listen to me. No other than the one and only Zayn Malik."

He drops my wrist, freeing me to go but I don't. "What?"

"How do you like me now Camila? I will be hanging out with a former One Direction member. Someone you used to obsess over."

He thinks he can get to me by that, but he has no idea. "You have a big storm coming for you. Karma is a bitch."

"Just like your girlfriend."

I walk away. He doesn't deserve my time. I seriously hope karma bites him in the ass.

As I get to my next class, I send Lauren a text.

Camila: Guess what just happened...

Lauren: You tripped in the hall and everyone saw.

Camila: Very funny! I had a run in with Austin. He called you a slut and Carter a bastard again.