Chapter 12

Camila POV

Lauren: Saturday around four okay?

Camila: Yup, do I need to meet you somewhere?

Lauren: No, I'll pick you up.

That was Lauren's and my brief conversation yesterday. It's now Saturday and it's 2:30 and I'm having a slight freaking out.

"Camila!" I hear my mom call out.

I glare towards my door even though she isn't there. "Not now mom! I am having a clothing crisis."

I focus back going through my clothes.

"Good thing I'm here." I freeze. That can't be...

I slowly turn around and see my taller friend leaning against my door frame. "Dinah? What are you doing here?"

She walks into my room and shuts the door behind her. "I could sense you needed my help picking an outfit."

Normally I would laugh, but our fight is fresh in my head. How could it not be considering she has ignored me since?

I cross my arms over my chest. "Seriously, what are you doing here?"

"I miss you." Dinah's voice was soft and sad. "I know it's only been about three days, but still."

It can't be that easy. If I let it be this easy that is giving this situation the opportunity to happen again.

"But still? You told me our friendship was over Dinah!" I voice my hurt. "You turned your back on me when I needed you."

"I tried being there for you Camila, but you wouldn't let me!"

No, this is not my fault. "You tried? You used abusive language to try and threaten me to tell you things about Lauren."

Dinah takes a long pause. "I was wrong and I'm sorry. I tried on so many occasions to get you to talk to me but you wouldn't. I thought if I would get mean you would let me in, but you still didn't."

Dinah never admits she is wrong. Never.

"Dinah you are my best friend, but that doesn't mean I can automatically tell you things about someone else."

"Haven't you heard the quote that goes along the lines of... I won't tell anyone your secrets but my best friend doesn't count?" Dinah smiles trying to lighten up the mood.

I let go of my anger. I'd rather have my best friend in my life. "I still can't tell you what you want to know about Lauren."

Dinah sighs. "I know. You are loyal as hell and that's why everyone loves you."

"Thanks for understanding."

"But..." There is always a but... "You can still tell me what's going on and where your heads been. I know you can't tell me about Lauren's stuff but you can tell me about yours."

I don't want to, but I should. I need to talk to someone.

"Please Camila, talk to me." Dinah begs in a nonthreatening tone.

"It's hard to talk about because I don't know how to word it." I start getting frustrated. "I really like her Dinah, even with everything I know about her. I know it would scare a lot of people away, but it only makes me fall for her more. I like her just as she is."

Dinah sits down on my bed and pats the spot next to her for me to sit. "That didn't seem like you had that hard of time on how to word it." Dinah smiles. "Why don't you tell me what it is about Lauren that is making your heart go crazy."

"She is so beautiful. Not that looks are everything, but oh my god she is beautiful. Out of the thousands of students in our school my eyes always catch Lauren if she is in the mix." Talking about how beautiful Lauren is gives me goose bumps. "Those eyes... how can anyone not fall for those eyes."