Chapter 23

Camila POV

"Guess what tomorrow is?" Dinah sings in my ear. "My little girl turns 18!"

I set my backpack down on the locker room floor. "You do realize I am older than you? No need to call me a little girl."

"Oh shut up." Dinah takes a seat. "I am just excited to celebrate tomorrow."

I roll my eyes. "You mean the surprise party Normani, Ally and Madison were trying to have but someone decided to tell me?"

Dinah shrugs. "My bad. I've apologized. I was excited."

"No need to apologize. I would have figured it out anyways." I claim. "Where is everyone anyways?"

Since cheerleading is officially over, Normani asked us all to meet in here before school starts.

"I." Dinah pauses. "I think I can hear them coming."

She was right. Through the door come Normani and the others.

"I am going to get emotional." Normani sarcastically says as we all looked at her. "I just wanted to tell you all how much you all mean to me."

Normani might have started off fake getting emotional but I see tears in her eyes already.

"I know sometimes I took practice or a simple mistake overboard. I also know at times yall wanted to kill me." Normani giggles, but Ally laughs the loudest. "But I wouldn't want any other girls to have gone through all this with me."

The hard ass captain has a weak side.

"So let's all celebrate tomorrow at Camila's party." Normani insist. "I love you all as if you were my sisters."

Ally jumps up. "Group hug!"

All of use gets up and warp are arms around each other. It was a sincere moment until...

"Shit, I bet Walz is getting a lady boner with all our fine asses loving on her."

I pull away from her. "I hate you Dinah."

"Bish, you love me." Dinah smirks.

Love... Hate... Same thing...

All the girls leave and oddly I find myself walking with Madison instead of Dinah.

"I have a random question." Madison addresses me. "Jake really wants Zayn to come tomorrow. I know Lauren is going and he is supposed to have Carter but..."

I can say I was not expecting this. "Are you asking me if I care?"

"It's your birthday party."

True. "But it's at Jake's house. It's not like I have a say who comes or doesn't."

"I know." Madison sighs. "Would you mind if he came and if not do you think Lauren is going to flip out?"

Lauren's ex boyfriend at my birthday party, nothing weird about that... "I don't care. As for Lauren she might be upset because it's supposed to be his time with Carter."

"Do you think you could ask Lauren?"

I go to answer but I was cut off. "Ask me what?"

Madison gives me a pleading look before taking off. "I'll see you guys around. Nice to see you Lauren."

Lauren and I watch the blond take off down the hall. "Ask me what Camila?"

I lean my back against the hall wall we are in. "I guess Jake really wants Zayn to come to the party tomorrow night."

"The party, as in your birthday party?"

I nod. "Yeah. Madiosn wanted to know if you would care since it's his time with Carter."