nine.

"Yoongi, what is wrong with you?" Mrs. Min started as she continued to eat her breakfast. "You haven't been eating properly,"

"I'm fine," Yoongi glared up at his mother. "Don't worry,"

Mrs. Min sighed. "Alright, come on talk to me."

"Why? You wouldn't even care." Yoongi gazed down at his untouched food and pushed a few pieces around, then sighed.

"Is it about that rat?" Mrs. Min asked.

"He's not a rat." Yoongi defended Jimin. "He's- My friend, I don't understand why you can't accept that."

"I thought you were dating that thing," Mrs. Min raised her eyebrows.

"I am," Yoongi shrugged, "Didn't want to remind you,"

"I see," Mrs. Min cleared her throat. "Why can't you leave him alone, you have everything you need at home."

"I don't understand- How can having so much money or having none effect the way you feel about someone?" Yoongi started, Mrs. Min staying silent. "We should help them-"

Mrs. Min slammed her fist down on the table and narrowed her eyes at Yoongi. "They can deal with their own problems,"

"Talk about selfish," Yoongi muttered under his breath.

"You know what Yoongi, I'd really like if you'd stop talking to that boy. It'd make me feel much safer. He's only after our money." Mrs. Min said sternly.

Yoongi shook his head, "You only think that because that's how you were taught. Jimin, is nothing like that. He's so sweet and doesn't deserve to die." Yoongi sighed loudly.

"Jimin is his real name?"

Yoongi looked up and shook his head. "That's his fake name, I chose it so you can't have him arrested." He covered up for his mistake of saying Jimin's name.

"Don't think you can protect that boy for too long." Mrs. Min rolled her eyes, "He'll be caught,"

"For what? He did nothing wrong!" Yoongi's voiced started to raise, getting angry with his mother.

"For tricking my son and trying to steal our money." Mrs. Min stood up from her chair and picked up her and Yoongi's plates. "Stay away from that boy or I'll bring this up to your father,"

Yoongi stood up from his seat and grabbed his coat that was hanging on the back of his chair. "I'm going out," Yoongi slid his arms into his jacket then zipped it up.

"Okay," Mrs. Min sighed.

***

"Hey," Yoongi said as he slowly sat down next to Jimin on the bench. "How are you?"

Jimin shrugged. "I haven't been feeling like myself,"

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asked pulling an extra pair of gloves out of his pocket and handing it to Jimin. "You can keep them,"

Jimin eyed Yoongi as he slowly took the gloves from Yoongi's hand and slid them onto his own hands. "I'll give them back,"

Yoongi shook his head, "I have plenty at home, now tell me what is wrong."

Jimin shrugged his shoulders. "I really don't feel like doing much anymore,"

"Mm," Yoongi nodded his head, "But you have to keep yourself going. You'll be okay, I promise."

Jimin sighed, knowing Yoongi just made a promise he would break. "It's whatever,"

"You look nice today," Yoongi said trying to brighten Jimin's mood up.

Jimin rolled his eyes and chuckled, "Thanks,"

"You seem to be really different from what your dad sounds like," Yoongi said, Jimin's eyes flickered over to Yoongi and sighed.

"Just because I live with him doesn't mean I'm going to act like him... I've learned from most of his mistakes." Jimin pulled his coat tighter around himself. "Do we always have to sit out here? I'm really cold,"

Yoongi sighed, "You're right it is cold out here, I don't want you getting sick either. Let's go get something warm to drink then?"

Jimin shook his head. "You can, I'm not thirsty." Jimin didn't have any money with him and he sure didn't want Yoongi paying for someones drink when they would be dead in a few weeks.

Yoongi caught onto what Jimin was doing and shook his head. "Come on, I'm buying you one anyways."

Jimin sighed and stood up, grabbing Yoongi's hand that was stretching towards him. "I'm glad I gave you gloves. You're hands are still freezing with them on." Yoongi said standing up, keeping a tight hold of Jimin's hand as they started off on their walk.

___
snsjdjdkdk