thirteen.

Yoongi's head snapped up as he heard the familiar voice. "Are you okay?" The male asked again.

"Seokjin?" Yoongi raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, just call me Jin, stupid." Jin said quietly as he sat down next to Yoongi. "Did you miss me?"

"Well, yeah." Yoongi turned back towards the water. "You left me,"

"It was for school," Jin reminded Yoongi. "Besides, what are you doing out here?"

"Just sitting, pretending everything is alright," Yoongi frowned, turning his head toward Jin. "A lot happened in such short time, Jin,"

"Well, I'm back and ready to help my best friend." Jin smiled proudly. "Now what's wrong,"

"I'm not so sure you can do much, he's already dead." Yoongi looked back down at the sharp rocks in the ocean.

"Who?"

"Jimin," Yoongi's heart ached, as he came to realization he was never going to see Jimin again.

"Who's that..." Jin asked softly.

"He's Jimin," Yoongi bit his lip and held his breath, trying not to break down into tears. "He's gone,"

"What happened?" Jin raised his eyebrows as he wrapped an arm around Yoongi's shoulder.

"I couldn't protect him," Yoongi sighed loudly, shoving his face in his hands.

"Was he your boyfriend..?" Jin leaned his head against Yoongi's shoulder and sighed. "I'm sure he loved you a lot."

"He was just a friend and my mom is so horrible she sent him to his death. I hate her," Yoongi shook his head and sighed heavily. "I really miss him."

"You liked him then?" Jin asked, moving his head away from Yoongi's shoulder. "I mean.. why did she send him to his death, anyways?"

"We haven't known each other long enough, Jin. You should know what the problem was already, he was poor.. and mom," Yoongi stopped talking feeling tears welled up in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter how well you know the person, as long as you love and care for them.." Jin paused and gently rubbed Yoongi's shoulder. "I know," Jin didn't understand why Yoongi's parents were so mean to the unwealthy people, but his parents were the same way except they wouldn't kill someone like the Min's would.

"I just miss him," Yoongi wiped his eyes, "It's not fair."

Jin sighed not knowing how to make Yoongi feel better. "Well, do you want me to sleep over tonight. It'll probably take your mind off things."

Yoongi nodded his head, pushing himself off the ground. "Eh, yeah. I don't want to be alone right now."

Jin nodded his head, also standing up. "Well, let's go get something to eat then head to your house. It'll be like old times."

"Aright," Yoongi dropped his gaze to the sidewalk as they began to walk.

***

"I know you're sad.. but maybe you should try and stay positive. He's in a better place now," Jin said quietly.

Yoongi fell backwards onto his bed and groaned loudly. "My heart hurts, Jin."

"I know-" Jin was cut off by loud knocking on the window making both boys jump. Yoongi sat up and turned his head towards the window, seeing a familiar boy.

"Jimin!" Yoongi yelled but covered his mouth remembering his mother was home. He ran towards his window and opened it quickly. "What the hell!" Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin's neck.

Jimin tightly wrapped his arms around Yoongi's waist and sighed. "I was so scared,"

"How did you escape? Oh my lord, tell me everything." Yoongi still held tightly onto Jimin.

"Uh, Yoongi, I think you should let him come in the house first." Jin said standing up off the ground.

Yoongi pulled away from Jimin and helped him through the window. Jimin fixed his coat then looked over at Jin. "Oh, right. That's Jin, he's my friend." Yoongi smiled.

Jimin nodded his head then sat down on Yoongi's bed. "I'm Jimin," He told Jin, who gave Jimin a gentle smile.

"Anyways, what happened?" Yoongi asked again. "You even have a busted lip,"

Jimin sighed, "I fought against them, obviously not winning. but they..." Jimin took a long pause before speaking again. "Did take some of my time, but it was only a day-"

"A day is a lot," Jin cut in, Yoongi nodded his head in agreement.

"But you'll never believe what happened," Jimin looked over at Yoongi.

"Well, go on," Yoongi sat down next to Jimin on his bed.

"Your mother was the one who bailed me out," Jimin told Yoongi.

"What?" Yoongi asked in disbelief. "No way," He shook his head.

"She did, but she said if I'm ever caught over here again she'll kill me herself." Jimin sighed.

"Wow, you risked your life coming to see Yoongi," Jin pointed out.

"I thought I'd let him know I'm okay." Jimin said sadly.

"Well, I'll protect you," Yoongi frowned and stood up waking over to his door to lock it.

"That's what you said last time," Jimin said quietly.

"I mean it this time," Yoongi stared over at Jimin.

___
jdndksmdkd