Chapter 2

Long time no see

Cookie's POV

Today was the best day of my life. Today was the day I was getting released. I was gon finally see my boys and the company that I built. I was also gonna confront that rich ass Lucious who forgot about me the minute he got famous.

He got all caught up in the money and fame. I'mma get there all tough without catching no feelings for nobody. I was un cuffed and left my cell. I took my pictures and all my other stuff and put it in my handbag and left. I went across the street to a mall. I took a shower in one of the bathrooms and changed into one of my new outfits.

As soon as I stepped out,people stared recognising me. "Ain't that the girl who been in jail for like...20 years?"a woman asks. "Yeah...I heard she got dropped like a hot potato by Lucious Lyon the minute the feds locked her up. Poor girl. Probably thought he was gon stay with her"they pitifully look at me and I just stare at em,not believing that they talking bout me while I'm standing there.

"Bitch what and who gives you the right to gossip bout me when I'm standin  right here?! I bet you got three kids and an abusive punk ass boyfriend who hates yo fat gossipin ass "I yell. They both stare at each other before both giving me dirty looks. "Yeah...yeah,thats right.Next time ya'll think before ya'll get yo asses grilled!"I say,before stepping out of the store,clutch bag in hand,and off to Empire.

I'm wearing a tight black dress with long sleeves and a gold necklace with golden spikes. I've got gold banana republic accessories and Chanel earrings. My red lipstick goes well with my toned brown skin. I manicured them nails,so now they're long and painted black. I look so damn fine. The clip clap of my black louboutines touching the pavement as I walk to my cab,causes people to turn around and stop what they be doing and watch me.

"Hey ya'll! I bet ya'll ain't know I was comin out? Well,bitches......I'm back!"I say,laughing as I get into the cab and tell the guy where to take me.

"The hell you going to empire?"he ask. "Shut the fuck up and do yo job."I say,looking out the window. He mumbles something. "Whatchu say?"I ask,now looking directly at him. "N-Nothin"he stutters. "Yeah,I thought as much"I say.

When we get to the doors of Empire,I pause....taking in the view. I ain't ever been here before. All I saw was my $400 000 gone from my account and now this. Lucious want trouble...well...it's here. I think to myself,as I walk toward the door.

I get in,even though I ain't got no card. The security guys try stop me but I fight back. Some fat ass lady who look like she's runnin after me shouts:"Maa'm! Sorry,you can't be in this building!"

"Oh I'm sorry.....do you even know who I AM??!"I sarcastically ask. She stutters. "I-I uh" "I'm Cookie Lyon..the one who got this bitch started."I say, pointing around the building. "Uh. Sorry,maa'm I was under strict orders not to let anyone without a card in"she says,looking down.

"Just take me to his office"I say. She sighs and walks toward an elevator. We walk down a passage with creme coloured tiles and silver and wood walls. Lucious sure put effort into this. All I want know is my money and my boys. We get into the elevator and I stop her from getting in. "What floor?"I ask her. "Last one"she responds. She stands there. "Well,I'm a grown ass woman. I'm sure I can ride the elevator alone!"I say,slightly smiling. "Go ahead and do yo work,sister girl!"I tell her. She scurries off like she being chased by dogs.

The soft "ding" of the elevator wakes me from my thoughts. I walk into a quiet corridor and at the end,I see an office. It's got large,brown doors. I cautiously open the door and peer inside,before getting in. I look around and see pictures of Hakeem and Andre. There's one picture on the side of his book shelf with all of us in it. Baby Hakeem,young Jamal,teenage Andre,ghetto me and gangsta ass Lucious. It's the same picture I had in jail. That same picture that got me wet,when I needed him in jail. He looked so damn fine in that picture. His biceps,kinda bulging through that grey t shirt,his straight cap backwards and his baggy jeans.

I walk towards the end of the shelf and see other family pictures. I then decide to walk over to his desk to take a look at the one in the middle. This must be special,cos it's the only one on his desk.

My heart sinks when I see a picture of a woman who looks like a fake Haley Berry,with that short hair,perfect lipstick and clothes that are simple yet sophisticated. She ain't pure sophisticated like me. I'm ghetto-phisticated  cos I got a lil bit of ghetto and formality to me. Before I get time to sit down and plan,I hear the door open. A slight click is heard and I feel a strong presence behind me.

I know who it is....His presence is felt anywhere...I smell his ocean and oak cologne and feel him coming closer to me.

When I turn around,I see a fine ass man! This man still looks like the Lucious I used to know. But now he's all suited up,and wearing his signature killer smile.

"Hello...Cookie. Long time no see..."he says.

I open my eyes wider and my mouth shakes. Fuck what Tameeka said! I think I can't control myself right now.