Chapter 12

INTRODUCE ME

Cookie

I'm so fucking pissed off at Lucious. I don't even know why! I mean,I got Frankie and he got Anika. I don't see why any of us should be unhappy. But see,Frankie ain't like Lucious. Lucious keeps me on my toes. Makes me want more. With Frankie I can get one kiss and be good for the day. Ain't so bad.

"I got two bad habits..."🎵my ringtone is playing. I'm receiving a call. It's Two Bad Habits by Angie Stone. I check the caller ID and see that it's Frankie.

"Hey,Frankie...what's up?"I ask him,sighing as I get into a cab. "I wanna see you. Can you get over to my place?"he asks me. "Sorry,I can't. I have some work to do"I say. I don't know why I just lied through my damn teeth! Is it because I'm hoping for something magical between Lucious and I to happen? Or am I just trying to subtly break things off with Frankie?

Either way.....I decide to go to the one woman I can always count on. Carol. I call her. No answer. I decide to send her a message. I wait for 10 minutes. Still no response. Since I've got a tracking device on all my loved ones phones,I can always know where they are. But hol up!!!!! She's in an estate. The one estate that belongs to Aubrey Drake Graham. What the hell is Carol doing up in Drake's crib?

I text Nikki and Tameeka.

@CookieMonster~ Ya'll know where Carol went?

@Tameeka~ Nah,she left and we ain't seen her in about an hour.

@Nikki~Prolly went home

@CookieMonster~I'mma go to her house and check.

@Nikki~Aight. How's things with u and me fine ass cook?

@Tameeka~ Yeah? You vibin with him?

@CookieMonster~It's amazing but I feel like there's something mysterious and vital that I need to know. Something I need to find out. I feel like he's hiding something

@Tameeka~ what signs have you gotten from him?

@CookieMonster~Last night and the night before,I heard him pull out a gun in his drawer. He didn't see me looking cos he thought I was asleep.

@Nikki~Damn,cookie! You gotta tell Lucious.

@CookieMonster~Nah,but I ain't no snitch and ya'll know that!

@Nikki~ How bout you confront him about it tonight?

@Tameeka~U gotta try at least

@CookieMonster~Fine. I'mma do what I gotta

As soon as I leave the group on my phone,I lock it and get a message from Lucious.

@Lucious~ There's a dinner tonight. Are you comin? I've been meanin to meet this mysterious man of yours. Introduce me

@CookieMonster~Why? So you can try get in between my legs??? Nuh-uh,Lucious. Ain't nobody here to play no games witchu.

@Lucious~Aight,aight! Just introduce me please?

**************************************************
Carol

We get into the black Buggati and he starts playing Hotline Bling. "Boy,you got some ratchet dance moves in that video!"I say,laughing. He laughs. A deep,vibrating,happy sound that just does somethin to my soul. Fuck! I'mma get like jelly by the time we get to his house.

"Yeah....There wasn't anything I could do about the tempo of the music. I HAD to dance like that. I couldn't just crump outta nowhere"he said,now looking at me.

"Ok,I'll take your word for it for now."I say,before falling asleep on the leather car seat.
**************************************************
20 minutes later

"Damn! This house is huge"I say,stepping into the three storey mansion that Drake calls his crib. This a fuckin hotel! Yoooeeeh!

"Do you want a glass of champagne?"he asks me as I take a seat on his white couch. He brings the champagne and I watch his caramel arms flex as he places his elbow on the side of the couch,while staring at me. He's wearing black,ripped jeans with a black OVO tank top and white Jordans.

"Tell me about yourself,Carol"he says,while switching on some music.

Cookie

I decided to get ready for the damned party anyway. This is my chance to show Lucious that I'm not hurt about what I saw earlier today. I will not allow myself to be exposed to Lucious anymore. He's a son of a bitch! He left me in jail for 17 years without visiting.

Now I'mma show him that I've moved on. I asked Frankie to come along with me earlier on. He agreed and told me he'd pick me up at 19:30. He got there exactly on time and pulled up in his white Porsche.
**************************************************
We pull up into Lucious' driveway and park. Frankie's wearing a black suit with a black bow tie. I'm wearing a long sleeved white dress with a slit on the right leg and begins at my shoulders.

Boo boo kitty is the one to walk up to us and greet us first. "Good evening Cookie! So glad you could make it!"she says in a fake enthusiastic tone.

"Cookie.....you look.......so damn beautiful"Lucious says,walking over to me in slow motion not breaking eye contact. I missed his hazel eyes,his voice and his body. Shit! Frankie clears his throat after Lucious has kissed my cheek and greeted me.

"I guess it's time to introduce this man"Lucious says,with an unimpressed look. "Hi! I'm Frankie."Frankie says,flashing a smile at everyone. The smile disappears once his eyes land on Lucious. "Lucious stop!"I hiss at Lucious. "What I do?"he asks. "You know exactly what!"I say at him as I walk with Frankie to the table.
**************************************************
Everyone is a bit tipsy in the room except for the helpers. It's an awkward silence so Lucious says: "Frankie.....tell me about yourself? I wanna know what it is,that caught my Cookie's attention"he slurs my name a bit. Frankie gives Lucious a glare then tightly smiles.

"I'm a chef,I own a restaurant and used to be an athlete. In high school,I was on the cross country team. I set a record for running 300 meters in 45 seconds."he says. Lucious looks taken aback. He's jealous. Everyone gasps in congratulations at Frankie. But Lucious just HAD to ruin the moment.

"Nah,what is a runner compared to me? I was a quarterback,dawg! Biggest rapper in the street. I owned niggas when they lost diss fights. Made them girls thirsty"he says,chuckling in a sexy way. Frankie tenses up and I put my right hand on his leg to comfort him. "It's ok"I say. "Calm down". He looks at me and relaxes a bit.

"Nigga,don't think Ion know why you here! Money don't walk!"Lucious shouts at Frankie. What the hell is going on?!!!

"I-O-uh...."Frankie stutters.

"Man,I got eyes everywhere! This my city nigga everybody know it! I got people from the FBI trace my money to Frankie's restaurant. I want my money. Or else I'll take something else"Lucious says,in a deep,low voice.

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

I stand up and look at Frankie,shocked.

"Is this true?"I ask him,close to crying.

"I-uh"he starts. He's tryna lie when I already see what h'es about to say isn't true.

"Tell me the damn truth!"I shout. By now everyone stops eating and watched us.

"Yes. Yes I did. I stole the money from Empire"he says.

A/n: It's me again. I hope you guys liked that. Thanks for making this book incredibly popular. Much appreciated. I love seeing your comments and votes. Next update is on the 19th. In the meantime,vote,comment and share this book with people.