Chapter 25

The Wedding (part 1)

A/n: Cookie's dress in the media. I see you mean mugging me. Stop! The black and gold is for the second wedding. Best for last...👌

Lucious

"Bitch,when I walk in,sit up straight!"Cookie shouts. People go silent. Jamal an Andre are here. Hakeem's in South Africa for some collaboration with a rapper. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the actual wedding.

"Cooks,please calm down"I say,as I kiss her shoulder. "Listen,Lucious! It's bad enough that this bitch is invited. So why don't you shut yo yella mouf and stop kissin me!"Cookie shouts. I got no words. "Damn,shorty's on a role today!"I say,whistling. She playfully slaps my face and kisses it better.

Jamal and Andre start laughing. Other people look very bored. "Alright people! As soon as Cookie walks down the isle,Lucious will be waiting up front with the priest and you will all rise when she gets here"Amy said,pointing to the spot.

"Ey man! Get this over and done with! Ain't nobody got time for this!"Carol's oldest daughter says,poppin gum. Carol snaps and says: "Chile,how many times do I gotta tell you to take that fuckin gum outta yo mouth,when you talkin to adults?!"She says,shouting. Cookie puts her right hand over her mouth,trying to hold back a laugh. I smile. We used to be like that with the boys.

"Whatever..."the girl says,rolling her eyes. "Don't you whatever me! I'mma show you something! You don't know who you dealin with!"Carol says,taking of her earrings. Damn! She removes her shoe. Drake puts his arms around her to stop her. The girl tripped over some chairs,looking scared AF. "Whoaa! Whoaa! Calm down,baby! Relax.."Drake says,trying to calm her down. "I shoulda whooped her ass in the kitchen! When she popped that gum! Hot damn!"she says.

Carol breaks free from Drake's grip and the girl runs so fast I almost saw a blur. The girl falls in style. Jamal and Andre laugh as usual. Jamal starts singing Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé as the girl cries. "Man,did you see how she fell? It was like she hit the quan before she are the ground!"they bust out laughing. Damn these boys!

Cookie

After Carol's daughter got a beating,we decided that we should just end the practice for today. It REALLY wasn't working. People getting beaten up by their parents should be something that doesn't happen in public. Damn! Can you imagine her embarrassment when people laughed. Especially when Jamal and Hakeem started singing Pretty Hurts and Hit the Quan.

----------------------------------------------
2 days later

Cookie

"Tonight is your last night being a single lady!"Tameeka says,as Carol smiles while looking at her phone. "Who the fuck got you smitten like Juliet?"I ask her. Tameeka nudges me in a "duhhhh" kinda way. "It's Drake"Carol says,in a dreamy voice.

"You don't say...."I say. Damn! Why do I find myself snapping and people these days. "Why you got yo panties in a whirlwind,when you were the one who told me to find someone and let go. Now YOU'RE getting married but you're acting selfish and insulting everyone you see! It's gotta stop Cookie!"Tameeka shouts at me.

I shut up and leave. It's around 6pm,the eve of my wedding and I'm depressed. I call Lucious. "What's wrong,baby?"he asks sounding sexy over the phone. "I got told off by Carol. She says I'm snappy,these days"I say to him. He makes an agreeing sound. "It's true. But you shouldn't let that bring you down. We're getting married tomorrow and everything's gonna be ok."he says.

"Come over to our house?"I ask him,my voice dripping with hope. "It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding."he says. "Fuck that! I wanna see my papi. I want you"I say,in my sexy voice. "Baby,if we got a fire goin now,what we gonna do when we get to the honeymoon?"he asks. "Yeah,you're right. Save it for the honeymoon"I tell him. "I love you"he says,before hanging up.

I miss him already. The bed will certainly be empty and colder without him.

Tameeka

I clap hands for Carol. "Well done! I'mma have to print you a certificate too! You scared her away! Now she's probably at home drinking her sorrows away. And you know how Cookie gets when she's upset!"I say. "Don't blame it on me. You know I keep it one hundred,so I wasn't gon best around the bush...telling her she's been a bit "too angry" lately. I say it like it is! You know that!"Carol says.

"All I'm saying is that,it's her wedding day tomorrow,so we shouldn't ruin it. Tomorrow,you apologies"I tell her. "I won't do that!"Carol says. "I wasn't askin you!"I shout back.

She just gets up and leaves.

The next day

Play: Made to love by John Legend🎵

Cookie

I wake up to all my female friends in my room,staring at me. "Cookie Lyon...this man probably chokes when he sees you wake up! You're so beautiful!"Tameeka says. "He actually does stare at me when in sleeping. It creeps me out. But he's hella fine tho"I say.

Carol shows up,after I've brushed my teeth and taken a shower. I'm in my bedroom in white lacy underwear. In moisturising my body now. "Hey,Cooks. I just wanna apologies for-"she doesn't get to finish. "Don't apologies. You're right. I am a pain in the ass sometimes. And I've gotta learn to wait for my turn to speak cos I always butt in. But it was kind harsh what you said,but I'm strong"I say,laughing.

Carol and I start laughing. They bring in the dress and I put it on. It's beautiful. It's a white boob tube dress that looks simple but elegant. My hair is up in a bun and has some strands falling out. The bun is being kept in place by a braid that Tameeka made. I look flawless.

My makeup is neutral,except for my red lipstick. Brown eyeshadow with a touch of silver,mascara,eyeliner and lip liner before applying the red lipstick. Carol puts on some hairspray on my hair. "I remember doing this for you when you were 12"she says. I laugh at the memory. I start tearing up. "Thanks so much for being there for me,Carol. I love you. And Tameeka,get in here"I say,referring to the group hug.

I'm all set. I put on my tiara and white,long veil. "Girl,Lucious is gonna have a seizure when he sees you!"my aunt Geneva says. I laugh. She's always so funny.

Lucious

I woke up and took a shower. Just as I finished brushing my teeth,my boys from back in University come and dap me. "Ey,you grown ass man! Lulu's gettin married!"they say. It was always an inside joke. They never thought I'd ever get married. I used to be the biggest player around.

My father gets into the room. He's in a suit and all pimped up. "Son!"he says. I hug him and our heads touch. Johnson family tradition. My real name is Dwight Johnson. But that name woulda never survived in the streets. I wouldn't be here if my name was Dwight in the music industry. He's the only person that calls me Dwight.

"It's time...son"he says,as he fixes my tie.

"Go get her"he says.
_______________________________

A/n: That was Chapter 25 on December 25!!! Merry Christmas!!!🎄🎁🎅🎉🎋Lol! I just realised that now. Part 2 will be up later.

Send some love to Lulu and Cookie in the comments. How do you guys feel about Beccy being so jealous? What would you have done in Tameeka's shoes?

Vote comment and share. Let's get to 4k and 350 votes??