Chapter 16

JAIL

Lucious

Cookie and I were watching The Arrow,when she suddenly screamed. This episode ain't even scary! So WTF?!

I see her staring at her phone. "Baby....what is it?"I ask her,concerned. She just simply shows me a picture on her phone with a news headline beneath it.

NEWS HEADLINES

BREAKING NEWS: RAPPER DRAKE HAS BEEN CAUGHT IN ARMED ROBBERY. THE PICTURE BELOW,DISPLAYS HIM AND AN ACQUAINTANCE TERRORISING A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC BY AIMING A RIFLE AT THEM.

HAS OUR RAPPER TURNED INTO A DANGER TO SOCIETY? POLICE SERVICES AND FBI AGENTS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO HIS ESTATE TO TAKE FURTHER ACTION. 

I see the picture at the bottom and Carol's the acquaintance!

Firstly,how the fuck did she meet Drake? And secondly,I ain't know she's a murderer.

"Cookie,you don't BELIEVE this shit,do ya? Cos you know the paparazzi be talking crazy when they don't even know half the story!"I say,tryna talk sense into her.

"Lucious,I don't know what to think! Baby,she's been distant lately,so I don't know what she's been up to!"she shouts. Her eyes start tearing up. "Don't cry,Cooks. Everything will be fine. Just don't be quick to believe a picture. I mean,she wasn't even distant! It was you. You were still stoked about Frankie"I tell her. She gasps and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Oh,so you bringin up Frankie now? Why you always gotta bring him up in every discussion,huh!"she shouts getting up and putting on her shoes.

"I'm not doing that,I'm just helping you see things from a logical perspective."I say,with a calm tone. "Well,logic my ass,Lucious!"she says,before rolling her eyes and getting out of my house,slamming the door.

Probably one of them days,where I should just leave her alone. She's been through a lot of shit.

Cookie

I leave Lucious' house and call Tameeka,to see if she's heard anything from Carol or Nikki.

I call her and she sounds like she's been cryin. "H-hello?"she asks. "Hi! It's me,Cookie. Girl,why you cryin?"I ask her,concerned. "They messin with us,Cookie"she says,in between sobs.

"Who! Who the hell is messing with you?!"I ask her,getting tense. "I have a feeling it's Frankie's gang. They shot Nikki. Now the damn doctor just told me they put her in the morgue! I didn't even have time to say goodbye to her!"she says,crying. My heart sinks at the devastating news I've just heard. "Oh my god! I'm coming right now"I say to her.
**************************************************
15 minutes later

I drive over to the hospital and Tameeka is there,sitting in them cold,metal chairs,crying her heart out with her hands on her knees and her face resting on her hands.

She looks terrible. "I brought tissues and ice cream"I tell her,sitting down. She looks up with smudged mascara. "She attacks me in a hug and I hug her back. Feeling the tears in me as well,I decide to grab a tissue before the same makeup disaster happens to me.

Tameeka finished the ice-cream as if she's been waiting for it all her life. "Thanks for coming"she says. "It's alright. Nikki was a friend of mine too."I tell her,rubbing her back. "I have some news for you."I finish. "What is it?"Tameeka,asks curiously.

"Cookie and Drake have been accused of armed robbery"I tell her. Soon after that,I watch Tameeka's mouth drop open. "Tell me everything"she says.

After explaining everything to Tameeka,we make funeral plans for Nikki. We see her in the morgue and cry some more when we get home.

This is gonna be one hell of a week.

Lucious

@Lucious~Call Andy.Tell him to get the best lawyers to get Carol and my boy Drake outta this hot mess. I know they ain't do it

@Becky~Yes sir. But last time I checked,Andy was on holiday in Madagascar

@Lucious~Becky,please just make the damn phone call and at least try!

@Becky~Ok...ok! Don't shout at me!

@Lucious~People have died,BECKY! Why am I supposed to do? Sit back and eat popcorn with a slushie...watching it all unfold.....huh?!

Alright,maybe that was a little bit too harsh.

"Ay man,turn it down a notch!"Jermel says,beside me,cooking for the kids. I'd screamed in frustration,that's why he said that. I went to his place as soon as Cookie left,to protect him and Carol's kids from Frankie's gang.

@Becky~I'll get it done sir.

@Lucious~Thank you

Anika

"So how would you like to die?"I ask Carol and Drake. They're still shocked about the whole picture thing. It's been about an hour since it was leaked. We're in the back of a police van. They arrested all of us,but since we have better lawyers,I just KNOW Carol's gonna lose this one.

"Rot in jail,or I make it easy for you?"I ask,taunting the hell out of them. "What'll really make it wash for us is if you shut the fuck up! Because all that's comin outta your mouth is shit!"she shouts. I'm tearing up a little. Keyword:LITTLE. She says the most hurtful things. And the sad part is,I can't respond because I suck at dissing or sending people away.

I'm naturally not an intimidator. I don't have it in me. But fair enough.

Carol

We're stuck in this police van. Cuffed by the Feds,with this irritating bitch who doesn't stop talking.

Everything she says is totally irrelevant. Whether she's taunting us or telling us a story,it irritates the hell outta me. I'm surprised I ain't slit her throat yet. Or pulled off her new manicure.

Well,those things can wait. I'll do it later. These damn cuffs are tight! I can't even scratch my back. Damn and it's itchy. "Drake. Do me a favour?"I ask him. "Yeah?"he asks me. "Scratch my back please?"I ask. He does as he's asked and soon enough we arrive at the jail. We change into orange jump suits and get put in separate cells. This is sure as hell gonna be torturous.

Some weird folks are across my cell. Wonder how Cookie survived this place for 17 years!

I can't stand my first 10 minutes!

A/n: No particular events in this chapter but stay tuned for more drama. This one was just a filler.

As usual,please vote,comment and share this book with Drake and Empire fans!