Chapter 5

Frankie's (part 1)

*Lucious POV*

I know this is wrong and is probably emotional cheating,but whatever. I'm kinda hurt that Cookie got a man. I'm also surprised,cos back in my office today,she looked hurt when she saw Anika and I's picture.

So she was playing me the whole time? This is why I love her. She's so bad and makes you think and do the opposite. I mean,she just played me at my own game! And she fuckin won! She got me thinking about her now. I decide to text Vernon.

@Lucious~ Yo Vernon. Sorry to disturb you so late,man but I need ya to watch Cookie and tell me what she's up to whenever you see her and if I'm not looking or not there. I think her ass is up to something.

I wait for a reply while I lock the door and switch off the living room lights. I switch on the downstairs alarm when I get to the second floor. I walk into my personal bathroom and change into a navy wife beater and navy basketball shorts. I walk into Anika and I's bedroom and she's sitting in a chair in a teasing way. She carries champagne and she's wearing lingerie.

I'm not saying she looks bad,but I'm not getting excited. I think that's how you're supposed to be. But whatever! She's never been good at this. She's always been good at just kissing. Which is sad,cos she think she's a pro.

I get into bed and leave her sitting in the chair like a sad unpaid hoe. "Not tonight"I mumble,getting under the covers,facing the other side now. "Why?" She asks. "Are you a fucking rapist? You gon jump me now? No is no,Anika! Your horny ass better accept that before I leave this room"I yell. I hear her stand up and change into a pair of pyjamas.

I'm tempted to stare. I won't. But I hear her underwear sliding off her legs. I sit up and watch her take off her earrings. That's all she's wearing. When she's taken them off,she walks towards me,naked and I get turned on by the way she's looking at me.

Maybe I DO need this......

*Anika's POV*

I watched Lucious and Cookie from my bedroom window and saw everything. He walked towards her and stopped her from opening the door. He stepped closer to her and cupped her left cheek. This was too intense for an ex husband and wife "conversation". I shouldn't be getting jealous of that ghetto ass bitch.
After all,I'M the one getting laid by Lucious tonight...so.....

She told him something and he looks shocked. She's leaving. Oh shit! Lucious is coming inside. I better change into my lingerie.

He comes in,wearing his navy blue wife beater and navy basketball shorts. He looks at me only for a few seconds before climbing into bed and bluntly saying: "Not tonight". I feel so worthless and crushed. I have to find out what she said. Maybe I could do the same and get Lucious to pay attention to me.

I ask him one more time but he snaps at me asking me if I'm a rapist and that no is no. He's so harsh sometimes! I decide to go to the dresser and change into my pyjamas. But as I undress,I see Lucious sitting up,staring at me. I take off both my earrings and walk over to him,naked. He switches off the lamp and it's just him and I now.

I give him a short kiss before asking him what Cookie said to him back there. "Why you asking?"he asks me. "You looked like you seen a ghost and you didn't feel in the mood after talking to her. You were in the mood 10 minutes before,so I wanted to make sure everything's fine"I say,looking at his body in the dark. He removes his wife beater and says: "Well...you got nothin to worry bout,Anika. Now....kiss your papi."he says. That turns me on real fast.

I pin him down to the bed and all his clothes are off.

------------------------------------
TIME SKIP

THE NEXT MORNING

*Cookie's POV*

I woke up and brushed my teeth. I took a shower after that and did my make up,hair and nails. I had a bowl of cereal while doing that. When the nail Polish was dry,I picked an outfit for the day.

I chose a black strapless jumpsuit that was short and a pair of black louboutines with golden heel tips. I took a picture for Instagram and posted it. I charged my phone and finished my breakfast then went back to my hair. I brushed it and let it loose.

I get a text from Tameeka.

@Tameeka~ We going to Frankies for breakfast. Wanna come?

Frankies is a restaurant that we ALWAYS went to as teenagers up till now. I once went there with Lucious and we shared a milkshake and he put his hands on my thighs for the first time.

@CookieMonster~I'll be there in 30 minutes.

@Tameeka~a'ight!👌fill me in on the details of last night

@CookieMonster~I will,and why don't they ever have brown Imogen's?!! Yo hands ain't white! They white at the back,tho

@Tameeka~ girl,gone! Go rant about that at yo rich ass ex husband's company. Maybe they'll do somethin about it

@CookieMonster~ Hell naw! Don't wanna make a fool of myself

@Tameeka~ It wouldn't be the first time

@CookieMonster~Shut yo big mouth😂

I went offline laughing. Damn,Tameeka brightens my day.

I grab my clutch and walk out of my penthouse. I locked the door and went outside to see my driver waiting outside. I tell him to take me to Frankie's and he drives.

I pull out my headphones and start listening to "You don't know my name by Alicia Keys"🎵. It's a great song. They played it every morning at Frankies. At some point,it became Lucious and I's favourite song.

The hell am I talkin bout him? I'm gon forget about him. Cos karma's a bitch. And I gotta pay that brat Hakeem a visit. He needs to accept me. I can't have problems with my boys. I've been gone too long. I ain't even seen Keem's first steps!

----------------------------------
TIME SKIP

AT FRANKIES

"Girl!!! You made it!"Tameeka screams. Everybody at Frankies looks at us. The fuck they lookin at?!! We been down here for years and Tameeka always does this and they never looked at us like this back then....so why now?

Carol is here too and she's looking beautiful. They both do. As soon as we are seated,we start talking about yesterday. "So what happened,girl?"Carol asked.

"Well...that fake ass Haley Berry bitch was at the dinner all pimped up. My boys Dre,Mal and Keem were there. Mal hugged me first and Dre was happy to see me after so long and Hakeem was horrible. He treated me like I wasn't his mother! And I can only blame Lucious cos he raised them when I was locked up. He's such a brat,ya'll!"I say.

They both gasp. "You should pay him a visit,Cookie"Tameeka says. "Yeah,teach him some respect!"I agree. "But we ain't here to talk about respect and kids. We here to talk about getting you a man. Lucious needs to know how you felt all those 17 years,after the divorce and now with this boojie hoe."says Carol.

"How did you know?"I ask. "First of all,I wasn't born yesterday and second,Tameeka told me everything."says Carol. Before we can say anymore,we here a loud ding,meaning that someone is getting in the restaurant and a tall,handsome man strides in wearing a tight white shirt and black designer pants and dress shoes. He sits at one of the counters and unbuttons his shirt.

He's so tall and handsome. His big,caramel hands engulf a pen in his hands and he signs something at the table. Wait...ain't that the employee check in and check out book? Does this fine ass man work here?

"Hey,Frankie. We've got a new table. Get straight to it"a young girl who doesn't seem affected by Frankie's looks at all,says. He puts on an apron and walks over to our table.

"Good morning ladies. May I take your orders?"he asks,in a smooth,deep and slightly ghetto accent.

Carol,Tameeka and I all stare at each other in disbelief.

Where has this fine candy been hiding all these years?