Chapter 23

A/n: Cookie's outfit in the media.

Look at the flick of that wrist!

Cookie

I wake up and yawn. I cover my mouth with my hand and look to my left. Lucious is already watching me. "The fuck?!"I say,slightly freaked out by the way he's starin at me. "If you watch me wake up one more time,I swear I'll get a heart attack,Lucious!"I say,trying to get up.

I put one foot down and collapse back on the bed. My legs are sore from last night. Thank goodness it's Saturday. At least I don't have to go to work. Otherwise people would see my inability to walk and know it was Lucious.

Lucious

Damn! I watch Cookie as she sleeps. She's so beautiful. I don't know how much luckier I could get. She's amazing. She's perfect,actually. I texted Beccy earlier on and told her to organise a dinner party for all our friends so we can make an announcement. Only Beccy knows what the announcement is. Our engagement,obviously.

I stretch and get back into bed as she stirs. She wakes up and gets freaked out by me watching her sleep.

Damn! She's so cute when she's scared. I get out of bed and wrap a tower around my waist. I turn on the bath water and put the bath soap in it. By the one I come back to fetch hand towels for Cookie and I,the tub is filled with bubbles. I go to our bedroom and pick cookie up,bridal style.

"I thought you needed some help with walking,Mrs.Lyon"I tell her,smirking. She gets into the bath and smiles at me. "I hate you and love you more". I laugh and say: "Good. That's how it's post to be".

Jamal

I get to Empire to do some recording with Tiana,when suddenly I see aunt Tameeka in the elevator with Malcolm. And they're kissing! Shit! They didn't see me. Oh my fucking god! I knew there was gonna be chemistry with this guy and aunt Tameeka. I saw the way he looked at her,at the funeral. But he also checked out my mom.

Well,he seems to have chosen.

Beccy

Tameeka has no business here at Empire. But she still seems to show up all the time,for no reason. At lunch,in going to confront her. I mean,it's not like she's even seeing Cookie or Lucious. They're not here. It's the weekend for crying out loud. But people who work on weekends get more work done,so we don't have to show up for a day. Depending on how much you work.

I'm starting to hate her. She and her Tom Ford heels and Nine West handbags. Her on fleek colour blocking. She walks better than a model. She doesn't have to pose for pictures like I do. She's naturally beautiful. I'm jealous. And I'm ashamed but still. I cannot be letting her and Malcolm do this on Empire grounds. I'll tell Lucious.

@Beccy~Malcolm is getting more kissing than work done,sir. Tameeka has been showing up for no reason at Empire and I'm having trouble focusing

@Lucious~Warn them once and if Tameeka shows up again,I'll have to terminate Mr.De Voux's contract. And she'll be banned from Empire as long as he is there

@Beccy~ Very good sir

I go offline and smirk. Call me a bitch,but at least now,justice will be served.

----------------------------------------------
That night-The dinner party

Cookie

I decided to wear my white Mary Janes,white jumpsuit with big golden hoops as earrings. I went for a neutral look with a light brown lipstick. My hair is laid to one side and I'm wearing Lulu's  ring on my left ring finger.

I'm dazzling. In about 30 minutes,Lucious will send a car to pick me up. Tameeka will be coming and Carol will be arriving with Drake as well.

She hasn't been talking a lot. Damn! We have to hang out some time. They're gonna be so mad that I ain't tell them I got engaged. They'll be mean muggin me throughout dinner.

----------------------------------------------
Time Skip

"What is this bitch doing here?"I ask Lucious,referring to Anika. Her hoe ass is flirting with Hakeem. "Play with with people yo own age,boo boo!"I tell her,smiling. She gives me a dirty look and I give her middle finger. People gasp. Lucious just smiles then pulls me over to a corner. "Cookie,keep it down! I'm tryna host a peaceful dinner. How will we break the news if you're acting like this?! Your behaviour will make it hard for people to be happy for us"he says.

I've never seen him so serious before. "Aight. I'm sorry. I'll shut up then"I say. "Don't sulk,Cookie. Just don talk to Anika that's all"he says,caressing my face. "What,are you my daddy? You gon tell me what to do?"I ask,crossing my arms across my chest. "I was,last night..."he counters.

I walk away. He follows me and spins me around. "I love messing with you"he says,kissing the tip of my nose. Everyone goes "Aaaw"and claps.

Anika gives us a sour look and leaves the room. Everyone just stares at her. Dinner goes well. Everybody's laughing,singing along to some songs being played and when dessert finally rolls over,some people have become tipsy.

Lucious heads over to the head of the table with his left hand on on waist and his other hand holding a glass of champagne. "Ladies and gentlemen...the soul purpose of this dinner was for Cookie and I to break some news to you. We're getting married"Lucious says,smiling. Everybody claps and whoops. Jamal and Hakeem hug each other.

"Did you-?"I ask. "Yeah"Lucious responds before I could finish. I tear up. "Obviously our marriage is bringin our boys together"I say,pointing to Andre,Jamal and Hakeem hugging each other.

Anika clears her throat and everybody mean mugs her. She looks embarrassed and picks at her food. "Anika,why can't you just be happy for us?!"I ask her,shouting. Hakeem goes: "Oh shit! There's a bitch fight!" Lucious gets over to him and slaps him across the face. "Get out and tomorrow,I expect you to apologies to your mother"he shouts. Everybody whistles when Lulu slapped Hakeem. "Look at the flick of that wrist,homie!"Jamal says,laughing at Hakeem. Andre tried to hold it in but fell of his chair,laughing.

Then everybody ends up laughing and Anika gets pissed and leaves. Well,jokes on her.

Anika

This bitch! She had to just humiliate me like that! I'll show her who's boss. Next time,I'll have something worse to say to her stank ass. Hakeem shows up behind me. "Hey...I'm sorry for that"he says,referring to what happened inside.

"It's alright. I'm going home now"I tell him. He gives me no warning and smacks his lips against mine.

Paparazzi show up out of nowhere and snap pictures. Shit! This will ruin my reputation!

A/n: I started laughing non stop,when I started writing the part where Lucious slaps Hakeem. Damn! Then I had to put the "Look at the flick of that wrist" part.

How do ya'll feel about Anika being there? Beccy's becoming a bitch and Malcolm could be two-timing Tameeka to make someone jealous. Will it work,tho?

Keep voting,commenting and sharing this book! We're doing so well!