Chapter 11

INVESTIGATIONS

Carol

"Hey,have ya'll heard from Cookie lately? She ain't answer her phone."I ask the girls,while we sitting on the beach. Nikki and Tameeka are here too. I'm wearing a turquoise sun dress,Nikki's wearing her pink floral tank top with her bikini and Tameeka's wearing a 1 piece orange swim suit.

"She's been a lil busy with mr.fine ass cook"Tameeka says,chuckling. "She told us she spent the night at his place,remember Carol?"Nikki says. "Yeah,I remember. I'm just worried about her. She ain't tell us where this nigga's house is. Somethin's fishy. You seen them flashy gifts he got her? I mean,we all know our homegirl likes them expensive gifts,but this guy's a chef at a downtown restaurant. Don't you smell what I smell?"I ask them.

Tameeka and Nikki both exchange the: SHE CRAZY look and twiddle their thumbs. "Y'know what!? I knew ya'll would judge me! So I'mma just shut up about this and let Cookie be"I say,adjusting my hat. I get up and dust the sand off my ass. I walk towards the water and bump into a hard rock body. I slowly look up. Shit! It's the one and only Drake.

"OH MY GOD! IT'S YOU!"I literally scream. Drake smiles and says:"Don't expose me. I wanna lay low for a while before my performance in the stadium. Can you help me find the restroom?"he asks me. "Hell yeah."I agree. He pulls his hat lower down his face so he can't be recognised then takes my hand so we don't lose each other in the crowds.

When we get there,he pulls out his phone and takes a selfie with me. "I figured you wanted a picture. I'll send it to you. What's your number?"he asks me,as his dark brown eyes search mine for an answer. I tell him my number then he goes to the bathroom. I wait outside and when he comes back out,he takes off his shirt and applies sun screen. His bare back is gorgeous. I watch his lips form a smirk as I just stand there,gettin hella thirsty.

"Damn! Where did you come from?"I whisper. He chuckles. "Tell me you did NOT here that"I say. He laughs. "Unfortunately I did"he says,stepping away from the mirror that he used to apply sun lotion well with. "But fortunately....I like what I see as well...and I'm getting thirsty"he says,stepping closer to me.

I laugh then he asks me my name. "Carol"I say. "Aubrey"he says. Then he lightly kisses me on the cheek. "Do you wanna get outta here?"he asks. "Hell yeah!"I say. We walk out hand in hand and then into the VIP parking lot. He opens the door to his black Buggati and drive off to god knows where.

Lucious

"So you still fucking this bitch?"Cookie said,while standing still in the doorway,with glassy eyes. "Cookie-"I don't finish my sentence. "Nah,Lucious! It's cool! I'm good with you and this bitch. Just don't come running to me when you two got problems"she says,stepping away from the door and I to the corridor.

I quickly grab my underwear,pants and shirt,then run towards her. "Why are you acting like this? Didn't you say that you had someone?"I ask her. She ignores me and takes the elevator downstairs. By the time I catch up to her,she's already where the busy part of Empire is. We look REALLY suspicious. "Uhm....sir? We have a new artist to sign?"Becky says. Or half asks. Damn! Now I see why the whole room's gone silent. Unfortunately,the paparazzi are in the building taking pictures.

"Shit,Lucious! You see what you're doing right now?!"Cookie shouts at me. She's so angry it ain't even funny. "Cookie!"I shout at her. She's gone already. "You better fix this,Lucious or else I'll make this life o yours a livin hell!"she threatens,with her back to me.

I really fucked up! Anika shows up behind me and tried to touch me. "No! Just don't!"I say,walking away.
*******************************
1 hour later

I sat down in my office and drank energy drinks all day. I'm sick and tired of feeling incomplete. Anika isn't enough for me. I hate to do this to her,but it's the only way for me to stop thinking about Cookie.

@Becky~ Sir,since you've been in a foul mood today,I decided to use texting as our way of communication until further notice from you

Poor girl. I didn't tell her to leave me alone the right way.

@Lucious~It's aight. Come up to my office,so we can discuss that thing u wanted to say,when cookie was here

@Becky~On my way,sir

"Sir,what I'm about to tell you,is very shocking and I hope that you don't get angry at me."she says. Becky holds a sad,scared look on her face that I ain't never seen before.

"What's wrong,Becky?"I ask. What the hell is happening? "Did Hakeem get into trouble with someone or something?"I ask. He's been a bit wild lately. I think ya'll probably giving me the "BITCH PLEASE" look. Ok,yeah. He's always in trouble,dramatic and wild.

"It's about Anika sir"Becky continues. I lean forward in my chair and never take my eyes off her. My hands rest on the surface of the table. "Tell me,Becky"I say with an edgy tone. She's been giving me warnings for the last fucking 5 minutes so I need to know what she wants now.

"Remember last month,when we held a meeting about the tour?"she asks. "Yeah....then Cookie showed up and all hell broke loose"I say,tryna lighten the mood. "Sir,this is serious"she says. So much for trying to lighten the mood. "We wanted to tell you this,right after you rescheduled the meeting but it never came up. We were scared to tell you."she says. Then she takes a deep breath. "Last week we received a call from a guy. He has a deep voice..."Becky hiccups. "Wow...that's really gon help me find this punk"I sarcastically say. "Millions of dollars have been disappearing from the Empire  bank account mysteriously."she says,looking at me with fear.

She has tears rolling on her eyes.

"Did you manage to trace where the money has been sent?"I ask. See,I got friends in the FBI,so I could always ask them for help. And they can't say no,cos they owe me.

"Yes sir. It's been sent to an account under a restaurant named Frankie's"she says.

The world goes silent. I see Becky's lips moving but I hear no sound. Why the hell would Frankie's steal from me. That restaurant's been doing fine!

Well......I guess we got some investigating to do.
*******************************
A/n: So I know you guys are probably thinking: "OMG CAROL AND DRAKE...?WTF,oakenoaklots888?!" But here's the deal. I want this book to be different from the usual Empire fan fiction. You'll still get Lucious and Cookie. Plenty of em. But I'm letting some of my other characters have a life in this book too.

Please vote,comment and share this book with Drake fans too,now that I've put him on here.