Chapter 21

Tanzanite surprises

Cookie

I left the office with Tameeka and obviously Malcolm...since he has to protect her. Tameeka and I went shopping. She bought a hell of a lot of clothes! Damn! But Malcolm was a gentleman and helped us carry the bags. He carried five in each hand.

We're behind him because he's already at the car,packing the bags in the trunk. Tameeka and I decide to gossip about him for a bit. "Damn! You sure you not gettin thirsty?"I ask her. "Shut up,Cooks! I am......but I can't jump onto him,y'know?!"she says. "Yeah....I know what you mean.

"Besides,we got Nikki's funeral today and we have to get ready"she says. We head over to my house and we get dressed. The funeral is going to take place at some private cemetery.

-------------------------------------
45 minutes later

"Here lies a dear friend....an aunt and even a sister to many. Nikki was dearly loved by all those around her. Her passing brings great grief to all those who knew her. Many would say that to love her was to know her....and to know her was to love her. She will be remembered for her kind,soft spoken nature,loving personality and sense of humour. Rest in peace,Nikki"the priest said.

That's the part when Tameeka and I started crying. Lucious came up to me and just wiped away the tears. He intensely looked at me and pecked me on the forehead. He put his arms around me and whispered in my ear:"I love you. If you need a hug,you can come to me...alright?" I nodded and saw a slight tear in Lucious' eyes. He knew Nikki,growing up. We all did.

We will miss her a lot.

Malcolm

I tagged along to this funeral cos I'm protecting Tameeka. She's fine but I've noticed another woman. She seems to be very close to my boss. That could be a problem. I've got my eye on her,but I'll try and find out more.

Jamal

I'm going to the studio after this funeral. But I'm standing alone,as usual because

A-Michael's not with me
B-I fucked my brother's girlfriend

Hakeem gives me dirty looks. Tiana tried to apologies to him earlier but he just walked out. More like: stormed out.

While everyone is slowly leaving the grave,and Nikki's coffin is underground,Hakeem walks over to me with a death glare.

When he gets to me,he throws a punch. I spit blood and stumble over my own feet. I look up and see his hand flying towards my face. The impact causes a bump on my temple. Enough is enough! I stand up,dust myself off and punch him. My punches are harder and faster. He's on the ground now and I continue throwing punches at his stank ass face. Ok...calm down Jamal.

Dad comes and separates us. "My,boy...I ain't know you can fight like that!?"he says,dusting me off,while mom holds Hakeem up. "I took notes,when you taught me. I always practiced in my room"I tell him. "See? It helps"he says. "Lucious! Instead of congratulating your son for beating up his brother,why don't you call an ambulance. He's out."mom says.

TIME SKIP -----2 days later

Lucious

I've bought an engagement ring for Cookie. I decided to get a round tanzanite ring. It's beautiful and last night,without her knowing,I took her finger measurements and she didn't ask any questions! I'm so surprised. I told we it's a couple thing.

Tonight I'll propose to her. I'm planning a dinner. I told her about it.

I've bought the ring and it's now in a box,safely in my pocket. I cook all her favourite dishes. Chicken wings,potato wedges,stir fry,sushi and apple crumble. I took time to make lemonade as well. And a bottle of wine.

So when she gets here,she'll be dazzled.

-------------------------------------
1 hour later

I'm in a tuxedo and waiting for her at the door. She comes in and looks at me funny. "Lucious....why you dressed up like James Bond?"she asks me. I start laughing and she smiles. She kisses me and I take her hand. I lead her to the balcony,where the dinner will be taking place.

"Oh my god,Lucious! What is this for?"she asks,surprised. "It's for you and I. I love you and wanted to show you by cooking your favourite foods"I say,smiling.

After eating everything,we daft talking and drinking some wine. She's not drunk yet. Not that I planned it...it's just FYI.

I start walking over to her. "Would you like to dance,Cookie?"I ask her. She nods and smiles. I play You're So Beautiful by myself and she starts smiling wide. "Oh god! I love this song"she says. "I know you do...."I say,into her neck. "It was always a good song"she tells me,looking directly into my eyes. "Because it was about you"..I say. She leans down and kisses me passionately. Her tongue caressing mine.

We stop for a breath as I stare at her. "I've always been in love with you,Cookie. Ever since Bunkie introduced us that night in the alley. Ever since you told me I was a player and too much of a gangster for you. I loved the way you were opinionated and that you could say no to me because girls always threw themselves at me. I love you Cookie. You're my ride or die."I say,as I kneel. I take the ring out and open the box.

"Will you marry me?"I ask her,my eyes glistening with hope and love.

She looks at me worriedly and says:........

A/n: That was me being mean. 😈mwahahahaha. Stay tuned for chapter 22. What do you think she said? Guys,this is Cookie Lyon. She might've said no. Lol. Keep voting,commenting and sharing this book. We're at 3k reads!!!!!👏

And R.I.P Nikki.

Thank you so much!!!