Chapter Three

A/N: Just a short chapter for now, but the next one will be longer. Please comment and/or vote. I would love to hear feedback from you.

               -B

"From what I've heard from the Ministry, you will start receiving your matches very soon. You will have a few days to decide if you will comply with the law or if you want to leave the wizarding world. Now it is time for all of you to go to bed. Pip pip." We got up slowly and started to head to our dormitories.

After everyone had gone to their rooms to sleep Harry, Ron, and I stayed in the common room to talk. "There is no way that Fudge would have passed this law without a reason to. The death eaters have to be behind this." I looked at Harry, "Why would they do this though? What reason would they have for wanting us to get married?" He sat staring into the fire, "I'm not sure but we'll have to find out. Until then, we should try and figure out how they'll be matching us." Ron looked over at me and nodded, "Hopefully we can try and get matched with Gryfindors. Image if we got matched with a snake."

"We should get some sleep. We have a long day ahead of us." They nodded and went to the boys dormitory while I sat for another minute, staring into the fire.

Once I got upstairs, I saw that Lavender and Patricia were both asleep. I got changed and got into bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.