Chapter Three

Super proud of this, so be happy because I lost my spoon in the process *flips over matress* Where are you?

Comment

Vote

Fan

_____________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER THREE

            I was ready by eight.  I had on a small black dress and was wearing a pair of two inch heels.  Not much, but I didn’t want to be that tall.  I had managed to control my curls and had pulled them back with a black ribbon, the end of my pony tail was huge.  I had even managed to get on some eyeliner and mascara to make my big blue eyes really pop.  I finished it off with a little bit of lip gloss, all the while wondering if this is what Payne did every morning, if this what he was doing right now.  I shivered.  Gross, men, except Dee Snider, should not wear makeup. 

            Vanessa had left about an hour earlier to go get something from one of her ‘girl friends’.  That was okay with me.  It was almost eight thirty when I left my building.  All of the halls were empty, everyone must have been at the party I assumed.  Once I got outside I shivered, it was chilly out here.  I wrapped my arms around myself and started to rub my hands up and down.  Gooseflesh was starting to creep up my arms.  I went passed the duck pond and stopped for a bit to watch them.  It was fall so there were no baby ducks, but they were still adorable.  After I felt I had absorbed enough duck for the moment I headed down to the gym.  I could already see the lights pouring out from the building.  The heavy bass lines were carrying through the night air.

            I came up to the main doors and entered.  There were no teachers anywhere; did they just let stuff like this go on all of the time?  I warmed up quickly as I wound around the large hallway and passed several groups of people.  According to the origin of the music, the dance was in the main gym.  I figured that I was correct once I turned around the corner and was nearly stepped on by the flood of people trying to wedge themselves into the gym.  There was no way I was going to find Luke in this.  I elbowed my way through the crowd of people.  Many of the girls were in short and poofy dresses while others were in jeans and tanks.  The guys were in street cloths, some were wearing collared shirts with wacky ties.  Ah, neck ties. 

            After standing outside of the gym for about ten minutes, I decided that I wasn’t going to find anyone and this night was pointless.  I turned around to leave and was shocked at the sight before me.  Rose was busy eating the face off of the guy that had embraced with Luke at lunch.  She was short, so his lack of height was okay.

            “Rose,” I squeaked.  She pulled away from him to look at me.  He continued to kiss her neck and she giggled as she pushed him away. 

            “Hi Renee,” she came up to me, smiling a little too widely.  You have been caught girl.  “What are you doing here?”

            “Luke invited me.” Rose broke out into a fit of giggles.

            “Luke…invited…you!”

            “Yes,” I raised an eyebrow.  What was so funny, was it that unbelievable?  I guess not because she was making out with what seemed to be his best friend.

            “Sorry,” her fit started to tame down a bit, “he just doesn’t come to these much.” Rose’s ‘boyfriend’ came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder.