Chapter Thirteen

What is this?  An upload on a Tuesday?

Vote

Comment

Fan

__________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

            “Unlike the plant cell, the animal cell does not have chloroplast or a cell wall.” I sighed, biology was really just starting to get repetitive.  It had been five days since Mr. Kridd had beaten Parker, and four since we had our fight.  I hadn’t seen Parker since.  We had two classes together, but he didn’t show up to either.  I guess I should apologize, I mean, I kind of overreacted, but it was too difficult to pull myself away from my own world and do so. 

            I looked over to the empty spot next to me and sighed.  I really just wanted him back, with Luke practicing there was nothing to do in this school.  Maybe I could stop by this weekend with a box of Dots, he always liked those as a kid.  Now that I think of it, I always liked those too.  Maybe it would make him smell less minty if he ate Dots.  I wonder why he does smell so minty all of the time.

            “Mr. Hatsfend.”                

            I bet he has mints somewhere, or maybe mint leaves.  Maybe even Altoides, he reminds me of those.

            “Mr. Hatsfend.”

            Yeah, that’s what it is.  I could buy him the container that I thought smelt the most like him.  That would be perfect.

            “Charles!” I pulled myself away from my thought.

            “Yes Mr. Kridd?”

            “The answer.” Oh, right, the answer.  The answer to what?  Had he asked a question?

            “I’m sorry, I honestly don’t know.”

            “You don’t know the answer or you don’t know the question.”

            “Both?” The class started laughing and I blushed in embarrassment. 

            “Jenna,” Mr. Kridd called on another student and the class continued.  Okay, it was decided, I was going to make it up to him…tomorrow.  Maybe the next day, I think he should think about what he did first.  Yeah, that sounds good.

            The bell rang and I gathered my stuff and left.  Luke wasn’t in school today due to conference for swimming, which meant Scarlet was gone because she was the team manager, and Rose and Lilly were gone because they were watching the meet.  Heck, half of the school was gone to the meet in St. Michael Albertville.  I would have to call Paul later, maybe we could hang out.  Or maybe even Jaxon.

            The rest of the day had been so insanely slow that when it finally ended, I believed that it would start back up again.  It was now five o’clock and I was walking the streets with Paul and Jack.  I just realized how tall Paul was, and how short Jack was, I was even taller than him.  We were walking in a horizontal line that took up the sidewalk.  Jack was closest to the street, holding hands with Paul who was in the middle, and me who was closest to the buildings.

            “How’s life with your roommate going?” Paul asked.  I shrugged.

            “He’s at his conference meet today.”