Chapter Ten

To those of you who are still reading this, I greaty appreciate it!  I am still doing the comment/dedication thing.  To those of you that I have not read a story from yet, I apologize and will try to get to it next weekend.  So please

Comment

Vote

Fan

________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER TEN

            I went to the gym at three the next morning, hoping that I could get done before Luke finished his run.  I was cooling down with some stretches.  It was almost four now.  I was rather surprised that I had managed to get my whole work out done within an hour, but the whole time my mind was out of it.  It had been on Luke.  I still had no clue what happened to him yesterday.  When I arrived back at the dorm he was nowhere to be found, and I had gone to bed before he had came back.  Maybe he was avoiding me? 

            “Renee?” I jumped at the sound of my fake name.  The one that I haven’t heard for nearly a week.  I recognized that voice right away, it was Luke.  I sighed and rose to my feet.  He was standing over by the balance beam.  How long had he been there for?

            “Yes.” I said as I walked over to him.  He already knew that I had been doing this so there was no use in avoiding him.  He smiled as I approached.

            “Hey,” he said with a small wave.  I waved back.  I stopped in front of him, he was nearly six inches taller than me so I craned my neck to get a good look at him.  I looked up to his face, searching.  I found his eyes and was mesmerized.  They were so bright right now, but they were contemplating something.  What are you thinking about? 

            I tilted my head slightly and my gaze fell on his lips.  I quickly pulled away and went back to looking at his eyes.  We stood in silence.  One of his hands came up and found my cheek.  It caressed it lightly and I leaned into his hand.  He smiled at me weakly, but I could tell that he was nervous.  Nervous for what?  Wait, I had told him to kiss me.  Oh boy.  His eyes trailed down to my lips and then back to my eyes.

            “I-” He started, but I cut him off.  I leaned up onto my toes and pressed my lips against his.  Man, I had waited so long for this moment. 

            His lips were warm against mine, and immediately started to move at my touch.  His hand dropped and grabbed me around my waist.  My own hands trailed up and wrapped around his neck.  Our lips continued to move in sync softly as we pulled closer to each other.  This was so wrong on a number of levels.  He nibbled on my bottom lip and my mouth instinctively opened.  I moaned softly as his tongue found its way into my mouth.  He tasted so good. 

            His spare hand found my back and pulled me even closer.  His lips started to move faster and harder, devouring mine and forcing me to surrender.  I broke the kiss and pulled away, breathing heavily.  I looked up at him.  His face was painted with shock. 

            “Renee?” He asked as I closed my eyes and let myself fall into him.  I buried my face into his chest. 

            “Huh?”

            “A-are you in any trouble with the law at all?”

            “No,” I looked up at him, “Why would you think that?”

            “No good reason.” Luke glanced over at the large windows that surrounded the room and then back at me.  What was this boy getting at?