Chapter Fourteen

Vote

Comment

Fan

 _______________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

            “Did you see that?” Luke screamed as he ran up the dock in nothing but a pair of blue and white striped board shorts.  He was soaking wet and the sunlight glistened off of his tanned body.  He was the essence of beauty.  I sighed and nodded.  Luke had been whipping his Jet Ski just off of the dock.  I on the other hand was sitting in the grass up the hill.  I was nothing but a lonely bystander observing from afar.

            He hopped off of the end of the dock and jogged up to me.  When he reached me he sat down and I handed him a towel to dry off his face. 

            “I really wish you could join me, at least on the Jet Ski, the water is perfect.” He looked out to the lake and smiled.  I had to admit, that even though it was water, it did look rather pretty with the light reflecting off of it like that.  I sighed to myself.

            “I don’t have a suit.”

            “I have extras.”

            “Yeah, but wouldn’t that be…I don’t know…weird?” Luke laughed.

            “I guess, but when you’ve been swimming as long as I have you get used to it.” That sounded so disgusting.  “You can just go in your shorts, I have an extra life jacket that you could fit in.”

            “I thought you were defending me that last time I went in water, and now you are trying to drag me in a second time?” He smiled at that.

            “Luke!” Vanessa called down from the dock.  He waved at her and she ran up to join us.  She sat down on the opposite side of me.  “Hey Charles.” She bashed her eyelashes.

            “Uh, hi.” She laughed a little too hard and Luke and I exchanged scared glances.

            “Hey Vanessa, where’s your guy friend?” Luke asked.  Vanessa looked down and started to pick at her nails.

            “I don’t know.  I dumped him last weekend, thanks for noticing.”

            “New question,” I added, “Who was you boyfriend?” Vanessa shrugged.  That girl was going to have so many problems in college, Luke on the other hand…well let’s just say that he had his marital life preplanned for him. 

            The three of us sat in silence.  After getting bored of that, I sighed, put my hands behind my head, and then laid down on my back.  If the sun could make the water look gorgeous, think of the wonders it could do to my skin.  If only I could ditch this shirt…  I listened as Luke laid down next to me.  Vanessa huffed a bit and left to go up to the house.  Me and my future husband were the only ones left.

            The warmth of the sun tickled my face.  I giggled a bit as the sun danced behind my lids and put on one magnificent light show.  I opened my eyes and rolled up on my side to face Luke.  He was sprawled out on his back with his hands behind his head and a smile on his lips.  Man, he looked even hotter up close.  I scanned him.  I could so lick chocolate ice cream off of that.  My eyes roamed from his feet all the way to his head.  His short golden brown hair was starting to dry, and it looked even better than normal when it was windblown.  I sighed to myself.