Chapter Nine

Bring on the Payne! And don't forget to

Comment

Vote

Fan

P.S. To those of you who haven't been listening to the music...please listen to this one, it is so beautiful.  *cute face* :3

____________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER NINE

            Luke woke me up at nine on that Sunday morning.  No matter how much I protested, he seemed to have a continuous supply of pillows, so in the end I gave in.  I couldn’t take the abuse.  We had to sign out at ten, so we went and had breakfast and were on the road by nine thirty.  We got back to our dorm at eleven.  I went back to bed and Luke went out for a jog.  That boy cared too much about staying in his peak condition.

            Before my nap something crossed my mind.  Payne.  How had he known about me?  Was he evil?  He probably was not considering the fact that I was still alive at the present moment.  I was going to have to confront him about it sooner or later.  Sooner rather than later in my opinion.  I was going to have to sleep on that.

            After a two hour nap, my mind was decided.  I was going to confront this weed and nip it at the bud.  I got ready for the day, as in, I fixed my wig and re-stuck my eyebrows.  How long had it been since I let my hair down?  A day?  Three days?  That wasn’t the problem here.  I put on a pair of jeans and a plain dark blue tee-shirt and I was ready for action.  I decided to vote against socks and shoes.  My feet needed some room.  Now, just to figure out what room he was staying in.

            I jogged down to the main building and made sure to stay on the grass so I wouldn’t burn my feet on the black asphalt.  Why hadn’t I worn shoes?  I reached the main  building and slid in through the door.  I had to think of a convincing story now.  I went into the main office and smiled at the young receptionist.

            “Hi,” I started.  “I’m Charles Hatsfend from room B12, I have a bio project that is with partners.  Unfortunately I have no clue what my partner’s dorm room is.  Do you think you could help me with that?” The lady smiled at me.

            “What is your partner’s name?”

            “Payne, Payne West.”

            “Okay,” she started to click on some files and typed in the name.  “I’m sorry but there is no Payne in the system.”

            “Is it under Parker?” I asked.

            “I’ll check, let’s see…yes.  He is in room C02.”

            “Thanks ma’am.” She smiled at me and nodded.  That wasn’t so hard, and here I had Luke saying that I didn’t do anything by myself.  I left the building and headed to his room at once.  I prayed that he would be in his room, and that he wouldn’t be sleeping, because I don’t think I would ever be able to gather up enough courage to try this again.  Yep, my courage reserve was running on empty. 

I walked the three flights of stairs and stopped a the second room in.  Okay, here you go Charlene, you can do this.  I grabbed the knocker on his door.  It was so cold.  Just tap it and he will come, but do I really want him to come?  No, probably not.  I dropped the knocker back and it tapped lightly against the metal plate beneath it.  I winced, hopefully he didn’t hear that.  I turned around and tried to tipi-toe away.