Chapter Eleven

I am officially exhausted....I also apologize for this being late, I came on last night but forgot to post. 

Vote

Comment

Fan

____________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ELEVEN

            I woke up to the sound of screaming in the hallway.  I kept my eyes closed and groaned as I tried to curl up further.  Parker hitched beneath me.  That’s right, I had fallen asleep on top of him.  I smiled to myself and pulled my knees all of the way up to my chest, so I was completely on top of his.  He hitched again and I was forced to open my eyes.  I looked up to him.  He was still sleeping angelically.  His head was tilted to the side and the small amount of sunlight that streamed through his blinds was dancing across his face. 

            I laid back down on his chest.  At that moment his breathing slowed down even more than it already was.  I was barley moving.  I hitched again with his chest.  What the heck?  His breathing was still shallow, and it was growing less and less by the second.  He hitched again and sat up quickly, gasping for air.  I slid off of him and ended up sitting in his lap as he continued to gasp for air.  His eyes were huge with fear.

            “Parker?” I croaked.  He shoved his hand into his pocket, still gasping like a fish out of water.  “Parker?” I was getting scared now as his face started to turn red.  He found what he wanted in his pocket and brought it to his mouth.  It was an inhaler.  He pressed down the button on the top and inhaled deeply, his eyes closed all the while. 

            I slipped off of his waist and kneeled before him.  He was still breathing heavily as he set his inhaler down next to him.  After a moment of silence he opened his eyes and realized that I was there.

            “Charlene, I-I’m sorry.”

            “Sorry?”

            “I-I-I couldn’t breathe.  You were on my chest, I-I,” he was stuttering and he was still shaking.  His skin was paler than normal too. 

            “What time is it?” I asked, trying to divert his attention to something else.  He fished his cell phone out of his pocket.

            “Shit.”

            “Is it that bad?”

            “We missed first block.” I shot to my feet.  What?  It had been no later than five when I had fallen asleep, how had my body allowed me to sleep that long, I didn’t think I was that tired.  “We can still make it to second if we leave now.  We have ten minutes.” I nodded.  Now I just had to go and get my stuff and get to class.  It could be worse. 

            “I should be going then.” I said, my voice was still a little rough.  I went over to the table and put my wig back on.  I left without a word. 

            I arrived at my calc class faster than I thought possible.  I took my seat next to Luke.  

            “You look horrible.” He vocalized.  I buried my head as my cheeks started to heat with a blush.  It was really that bad?  He smiled.  “Where were you anyways?”

            “I fell asleep at Payne’s.  We were playing Call of Duty all night.” Nice lie Charlene.

            “Oh, uh, okay.”