Chapter Sixteen

Hola peeps!  It has been so long since I have been able to write on this story, y yo soy gorda y perezosa, so I have not edited....yet.  That was my Spanglish for everyone.  Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

            “James,” the man spoke into the phone in a hushed tone as he stood outside of the hospital.  It was now seven and both Charlene and Luke had since fallen asleep. 

            “Yes?” His leader questioned from the other line.

            “I found her, I found your girl.” He smiled to himself, what a good little worker bee he had become.

            “Good, good.  How is she?”

            “Covered in blood Sir.”

            “What?”

            “Good, she’s good.  A little bit shocked, but she’s good.”

            “Shocked?  I told you not to touch her, no one is allowed to touch her.”

            “I know, and I didn’t.  Her…uh…friend, it’s his blood.  He’s okay though.”

            “Why would I care if he was okay?  How did you find her?” He sighed to himself.  That was the thing about James, he always got the point of things, none of the details about anyone else’s lives mattered to him.

            “She’s pretending to be a boy Sir.  She is going by the name,” he dug the sheet out of his pocket and unfolded it, “Charles Hatsfend.  Room B12.”

            “Give me a few days.”

            “Excuse me?”

            “Leave her, I want to get her at the right time, at a time that will really real her in, not when she is in shock as you had stated earlier.  When do you believe her friend will be better?”

            “The nurse said he should be good overall…it will take about a week before they can let him out.”

            “Four days.  That is all she has.  I will reach her then.” The man nodded and hung up his phone.  Four days was all the girl had before she would have to make the biggest decision of her life, and four days was all he had to see the last member of his family.  He sighed and ran a hand through his short black hair.  Four days and all of this chasing would be over. 

            “Two reds,” I flashed Parker my Candy Land card and continued to move my blue gingerbread man.  Parker rolled onto his side to grab another card.  It had been three days since he had arrived here, and he was doing well.  I had came every day so far and since today was Monday I hadn’t arrived until three.  Right now it was five and we were just winding up on one last game of Candy Land.

            “Princess Frost,” Parker smirked as he skated his gingerbread man all of the way across the board.  I pouted and he smiled.  I grabbed the next card, ready to win.  I was closer to the end to begin with, but he could still catch up.

            I held up my card and my once beaming smile faded to a frown. 

            “What’d you get?” Parker asked me.

            “Uh, two greens…” I slid the card under the used deck.

            “No you didn’t.”