Chapter Twelve

Vote

Comment

Fan

_______________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER TWELVE

            “Where are we going?” I asked from the passenger seat of Luke’s car.  We had been driving for nearly twenty minutes. 

            “You’ll see.  It’s a surprise.”

            “Oh, is it a good surprise?  Wait, is it money?”

            “No,” he laughed.

            “Is it something to do with unicorns?”

            “What?”

            “Never mind,” I sunk down in my seat.  I was a guy remember, the average guy doesn’t obsess over unicorns and teddy bears.  “Man.”

            “What?”

            “I slept in Park-Payne’s room last night.  Pangaea was all alone.”

            “I was there.” He said hopefully.  I huffed.

            “That doesn’t count.” I looked over at the clock in his car.  It was nearly seven.  Where was this boy taking me?

            “Can you change CD’s?” He asked as he clicked the eject button.  Yeah, we had gone through a whole CD already.  I grabbed it and put it into its case.  I opened the little storage compartment between the two seats and started to dig through.  I picked a Danger Danger CD and put that in.  It started with the song ‘Naughty Naughty’ and he smiled. 

It wasn’t in any way a creepy smile that would relate to the song, it was a cute, dimpled and blushing smile. 

            “Can you tell me where we are going now?”

            “Not yet.”

            “Fine.” I sighed and looked out my window.  I started to mouth the lyrics to the song.

            “Do you have a favorite band?” He asked me slyly.

            “Uh, Whitesnake?”

            “Good, that’s what I thought.”

            “Huh?”

            “You will see when we get there.”

            “How long away is that?”

            “About an hour.” I sighed again.  An hour and I might not even like the surprise. 

            “So,” I tried to start a better conversation.  “You never told me if you kissed that girl.” He blushed at that.  His neck and ears started to turn red in the process.

            “I-uh, I did actually.”

            “Cool, cool…how was it?”

            “How was what?”

            “The kiss,” I punched him playfully.  “Was she a good kisser?”

            “I don’t know.” I decided to drop it even though teasing him would have been a better way to burn up the time. 

            We ended up running through the rest of the CD and we still hadn’t arrived.  I put in Night Ranger and started to sing along with Jack Blades.  He was another singer that I was rather fond of.  We pulled off of the freeway and into a large city.  I gazed out of the car in amusement as he weaved through the town.  There were so many tall buildings and colorful lights.