Chapter Fifteen

This chapter contains a rather depressing (but absolutely beautiful) song.  Please listen and enjoy!-the best part of the song is just before three minutes-

Vote

Comment

Fan

__________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

            I sat in the waiting room of the hospital.  Luke on one side of me and Paul on the other, but I felt so alone, I felt so useless.  I could have prevented this, if I would have just swallowed my pride and took him back.  If I wouldn’t have been so stupid.

            “Sir,” the nurse came up to me and bent down to be at my level.  “You look awfully pale, are you sure you don’t need anything to eat,” she looked down at my bloodstained jeans and shirt, “A change of clothes maybe.” I didn’t respond.  I felt dead inside.  This was all my fault.  Now I knew the pain that Parker had felt after what his mother had done, and he could do nothing to help her.  Parker had slipped, and I had sat and watched as he fell.  I was the reason that he was in here. 

            My eyes started to tear up again.  If he didn’t make it out of this I didn’t know what I would become.  And I hadn’t even held up my end, I didn’t even take him to see Jaxon.

            “Sir, do you want anything?  I think I should take your temp, you might be in shock.” I looked up at the nurse, just now realizing that she hadn’t left.  Luke reached a hand out towards her and grabbed her wrist lightly.

            “I think he’s fine, if we need anything I will come and get you.” The nurse nodded, still a bit unsure about leaving me, and got up.

            “I’ll be at the front desk,” she pointed towards the desk that was directly across from our chairs.  Luke nodded and she left.  Paul reached over me and started to trace small circles on my back, trying to bring me back from my foggy gaze world.  I started to cry again and Paul drew me up into his arms, in a sort of ‘fatherly’ embrace.  That was what I needed right now, I needed my dad.  I missed my dad.  That only made me cry harder.

            “It’s okay,” Paul said lightly in my ear, “Charles, he’s going to be okay, he’s going to be okay because of you.” No, no he wasn’t.  My eyes closed and I allowed myself to cry. 

            The door opened and cold air came in with it. I sucked my knees into my chest as the wind hit me.  The blood was still somewhat wet which made me even colder.

            “Excuse me Miss,” the man whom had just entered came up to the receptionist’s desk.  “I’m looking for my brother, I got a call.”

            “And who is your brother?” She asked as she went over to the desk. 

            “Parker, Parker uh…what was her last name?” The guy asked himself.  I looked up and all I could see was his back.

            “West?” I choked out.  The guy turned around and looked at me.  He raised an eyebrow.

            “Yeah,” he took off his cap and I nearly leaped out of Paul’s arms and into his.  It was Jaxon.  His hair was short now and his skin tan, but it was him all the same.  “Do you know him?”

            “Those are the ones that called him in.” The nurse said behind him.  Jaxon approached us cautiously. 

            “I’m Matt.” He held out a hand to me.