Chapter Eight

I am happy *dances* eight is my favorite number, so

Comment

Vote

Fan

_______________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER EIGHT

            After my scare in the locker room, Payne had seemingly vanished.  I was still shaken up as I ate dinner with Paul and his boyfriend.  Jack was nice and sweet, just like Paul, but he had a bit of a temper.  We stopped at a small bar like place called Main Street Pizza.  The greasy thin crusted pizza that they served here was some of the best pizza I had eaten in my life.

            “So,” Paul tried to pick up a conversation.  I continued to suck on my swirly straw.  Yes, swirly, consider your mind blown.  “How is your report going?  Are you being treated differently?”

            “By far.  There are all of these chicks snuggling up to me after what I did in gym today.  It is so creepy.” Jack laughed.

            “Women,” he said as he tossed his long dark hair back.

            “What did you do in gym?” Paul asked as he leaned over and took a bite off of the pizza Jack was holding. 

            “I…uh.  Well, I am a gymnast.”

            “Cool.” Jack blurted.

            “And I sort of showed off a bit.  And now I have a handful of girls sucking up to me.  Not to mention Payne creeping me out.”

            “Who’s Payne?” Paul asked.

            “More importantly, is he hot?” Paul slapped Jack on the arm and I couldn’t help but laugh.   

            “Uh, he’s scary.”

            “Scary?  What does he look like, I might know him.” Paul leaned in to get a sip of his pop. 

            “Well…he has black hair, about this long,” I placed my hand to represent the length at just past my ear.  “He spikes up the back.”

            “Hot,” Jack said into is pizza.  Paul slapped him in the arm.

            “He has a gauge in this ear, seven or so piercings in this ear and he has one in the middle the of his bottom lip.  He dresses in only black and red except for the required uniform shirt.  And he wears makeup.”

            “Paul wears makeup.” My eyebrow rose as Paul started to blush a deep red.

            “That was one time Jack.  It doesn’t count.”

            “So you get to dorm with the guys then?” Jack asked.

            “Yeah.” I looked off into the distance

            “Oooh.  Do tell!” Paul crossed his hands under his chin. 

            “Naw, you don’t want to listen to that.”

            “Yes, yes we do.” Jack added.

            “Well,” I started.

            “Charles!” I stopped. 

            “Uh, hi Luke.”

            “Is that him?” Jack whispered.  Paul brought a finger to his lips signifying that Jack should be quiet now.  I rose from my stool and walked over to the table that my roommate had just sat at.  He was here with Vanessa.