'Dinner time' (Chapter 18)

Paige's POV

We walk to his jeep, jack runs in front of me and opens the door for me. I lightly smile because I don't know what to think, Should I forgive him or do I just let this night happen and forget about it?

We get in and my phone starts going off, It has the heart emoji on it, jack sees and just starts the car with a little frown on his face.

"Calm down jack, its my mom" I say and accept the call.

(Paige-P Mom-M)

P:Hey mom, you need anything?

m: where are you guys?

p: were leaving now so I have to end the call

m: okay are you guys at?

p: were pulling in right now ok bye.

Jack looks over to me, grabs my hand and starts to stare into my eyes. 

"Look Paige... I know I haven't been on the best terms with you but I just wanted to let you know that even though we were forced to be married, I can never explain in words how much I am in love with you." I just stare at him and start to cry a little, well my eyes started to get glossy thats all. 

"Jack.. I-I don't know what to say." I put my head down trying to avoid his eyes. 

"Don't say anything just forgive me is all i'm asking for." He says with pleading in his eyes. I shake my head and open the door climbing out.

"Wait paige are you serious?" Jack asks getting a little angry. 

"I can't forgive you that easily, what you did was something that no one has ever, and when I say ever I mean ever done to me. So lets just get this dinner over with and then maybe i'll have the answer but right now the answer is no." I say not looking at him.

He nods his head and starts to walk inside, I follow after he has went inside. 

*skips 30 minutes into the dinner*

"So Paige how is living with jack doing?" Jacks mom, kattie, asked. (I know that is not his real moms name I just wanted to change a couple things.)

I choke on my water and look at jack who has his head down, haha like our first time meeting each other. *Sarcasm*

"Oh its going great, he is a handful some times but we have worked things out." I say and take a bite of my salad. 

"And jack, How living with Paige doing?" My mom, Becca, asks jack. 

"Shes really good, but she likes to wear black a lot haha." Jack does a light laugh at the end, everyone at the table laughs.

"I can't wait for the babies." I hear one of the adults say. I choke on my water again. 

"Oh honey are you okay?" Kattie asks me. I nod and put my thumbs up. 

Then the rest of the dinner consist of the wedding and eating and talking. 

Around 10 me and jack start to head home. 

At the dinner we may have had some drinks and once I start I tend to start doing it a lot more. Jack had a few but not as much as me. 

Jack parks the car in front of our house. "Come on Paige lets go in" He says and gets out of the car. 

"Carry me?" I ask and bite my lip, What the fuck his happening?

He sighs but comes to my side and carries me in. 

He carries me all the way to our bedroom. He sets me on the bed but before he can stand up again, I wrap my legs around his waist and start to kiss him. 

He puts his hands on my waist and stops me,

"Paige, Paige, stop we can't do this." He says and undoes his tie a little.

I look at him confused as to why he stopped?

"Because your drunk and I don't want to take advantage of you" He says shaking his head and heading to the bathroom. 

I have my eyes wide open just staring at the door dumbfounded. 

Does he really care that much about me?

Ugh all this thinking is giving me a headache. I fall asleep thinking about tonight.

Jacks POV

I step out of the shower and put on some boxers and some shorts, I don't feel like wearing a shirt tonight. I close the bathroom door and see Paige sleep peacefully. 

I go over to her and pull the blankets over us. And start to slowly fall asleep with paige in my arms. Then I hear Paige's phone go off. I reach over her and get it seeing a contact that says, 

'Josiah'

From: Josiah

Hey Paige just wanted to know if your okay, and if you are maybe we could finish that little hang out at the mall?

I set her phone back down and now looking at paige, I lay down but not with paige in my arms. 

____________

I don't know

Loves~K

Words:821