7

*NALAH*

I was just sitting in Chemistry, working on the worksheet we were given, when a boy named Drew stood in front of my desk.

"I know you have a boyfriend, but I just wanted to tell you how nice you look today."

Before I could respond he went back to his seat. I started blushing because a few people were looking at me and I tried to focus back on my work. Who would tell Drew I have a boyfriend? Rose never asked me about that and Jovani...I don't think Jovani did either. I thought back to yesterday, I remember Drew sitting at a table with Julian and Jovani at lunch. I started shaking my head. Jovani wouldn't purposely lie about me having a boyfriend, maybe he just assumed I have one...

When I walked into the art room Jovani called my name.

"Nalah. Hey wanna sit with us?" He asked, offering me the empty stool beside his.

"Um yeah, I'd like that. Thanks. The guys at the other table don't talk much."

Not to me.

"Happy to have you Nalah." A boy with perfect blonde hair smiled. "My name is Mark."

"Hi Mark."

The boy next to him waved. "I'm David."

"Hey David."

I was so relieved to sit at a table where I was wanted. I was still too shy to talk much, but at least I knew I could talk if I wanted to. Jovani and I worked on our projects in silence, I really wanted to ask him about what Drew said but I was too nervous.

As much as I hoped for a friendship with him, I feared he'd only ever think of me as a fan. Sometimes when I post an edit of him or Julian on my fanpage I feel weird, it's just different to be a fangirl for people you see every day in real life. It feels...unnecessary. But if I don't support them as a fan then what am I to them? I...don't know, and I don't wanna know.

Just as I started sketching out the Younow icon, Jovani nudged me.

"You look really pretty today. Well...you do every day, but today especially."

I felt my cheeks burning and I couldn't fight the smile that came. Luckily when I looked over at Mark and David they were too focused on their projects to notice anything around them.

"Thanks Jovani." I gulped and suddenly found courage. "Did you tell your friend Drew that I have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah. I think you said that yesterday."

I shook my head. "No...I didn't. I mean, I don't have one, but we never talked about that."

"Oh. My mistake." He gave me an apologetic look and went back to his drawing.

Um...okay.