38

*NAHLA*

I decided to do something I'd never done before, wear a crop top in front of Jovani. I'm just as insecure as the next girl, but Jovani makes me feel like I have nothing to be ashamed of. Once I put on my navy blue crop top I put on some light blue denim shorts and black converse.

"You look nice." My mom told me when I went downstairs.

"Thanks mom. We won't be out too late."

"Oh. You aren't gonna sleep over Jovani's?"

I shrugged. "I kinda feel like being in my own bed tonight."

"Okay."

I heard a car honk out front and kissed my mom on the cheek.

"Bye sweet heart. Have fun."

"Thanks mom. Bye."

When I got in the back seat of Mr.Jara's car I was surprised to see Julian.

"Hey Julian."

"Hey." Julian replied.

"Hi Mr.Jara."

He turned his head just enough to make eye contact. "Hi Nalah, good to see you."

"Are you gonna golf with us?" I asked Julian.

"No, I'm meeting my friend at the mall."

"Ooh." I poked his arm. "A female friend?"

"No. My friend Chrys."

"Oh." I frowned. I know that Julian wants a girlfriend, I know because he's told me. I just really hope he finds one soon. I feel like I steal Jovani away from him and it makes me feel awful.

When we pulled up to the mini-golf place I got out of the car and so did Jovani.

"Bye Mr.Jara. Thanks for the ride."

"Bye Nalah. You two have fun." Mr.Jara told us. "Jovani text me when you're done."

"Okay dad."

Once he was gone Jovani grabbed my hand. "You look great."

"Thanks. So do you." I smiled.

He was wearing a short sleeved blue shirt and black jeans.

"Nalah! Jovani!" A voice shouted.

We turned to see Rosalie and Nathan walking towards us.

"You guys ready to get your butts whooped?" Nathan challenged.

"Yeah right. Like we're ganna let you guys win." I laughed.

"Nalah you look so cute." Rose complemented me. "I love how your hair looks in a ponytail."

"Thanks, you look cute too. I love your shirt."

Once we were inside the small building we payed for our game, grabbed our clubs and walked out to the first hole of the course.

"Loser has to pay for the pizza?" Rosalie suggested.

"Ok." I nodded.

"Yeah, you're on." Jovani added.

It was really nice to see how well Jovani and I worked together. We cheered each other on, high fived when we did well and gave each other a kiss even if we didn't do so well. Of course though, in the end we beat Rose and Nathan!

Nathan is a really cool guy and he treats Rose just as good as Jovani treats me. At the end of the night we asked a worker to take a picture of all of us and Nathan and Jovani made us get on their backs. I smiled at the camera on my phone and felt like nothing could possibly ruin my happy mood.

When I got home, a phone call from my dad proved me wrong.