23

*JOVANI*

When I knocked on Nalah's front door, she opened it with a smile on her face. Her dark brown hair was pulled back into a high ponytail and still fell past her chest.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hey."

"Oh." She gasped and ran over to the couch to grab something black. "My jacket!"

I chuckled under my breath. "Ok, you ready now?"

"Yup." She nodded.

Her light blue ripped jeans went well with the black shirt she had on.

"You look great." I complemented her.

"Thank you. You do too. I like your shirt."

"Thanks."

The car ride just consisted of the radio being loud and laughter every time my dad "tried" to sing along to a Taylor Swift song.

"You guys don't know. I'm ganna be big one day!" My dad declared, making Nalah laugh.

"Yes sir, Mr. Jara. I'll share your soundcloud link."

"Thank you Nalah. See, why can't Jovani and Julian support me?"

Julian laughed hard, shaking his head. "Because you suck dad."

"Whatever. Get out."

I looked out the window to see that we'd arrived at the movies.

"Thanks Mr.Jara." Nalah said, getting out of the car.

"No problem Nalah. Julian, make sure you text me when it's over."

"K!" Julian responded.

When we got in line for our tickets Nalah was absolutely not letting me pay for her, I tried my best, but when I wasn't looking she went to the line beside where I was and got her ticket.

"I was gonna pay." I told her.

"Mhmm. And I said no." She laughed.

I spotted our group of friends by the food area and we went to join them.

"Aye it's Nalah." David waved.

"Hi David." Nalah replied.

"Nalah, you know David, Mark, and Rose." Julian explained. "This is Nathan, Rosalie's boyfriend, Connor, Abby, and Drew."

"We know each other." Drew laughed. "Hey Nalah."

"Hi." She replied. She looked at me from the corner of her eye, clearly upset that I didn't mention Drew would be here. Maybe he's not gonna steal her from me after all.

I couldn't help but smirk.

"The movie starts in like 10 minutes." Abby said. "We should get our snacks."

When I moved toward the line, Nalah didn't move with me. I felt bad because I didn't expect her to follow me around, but I don't want her to feel alone either.

"Heyyy." I heard Rosalie say to Nalah.

"Hey Rose."

Yay, she's gonna be fine. I got myself a soda and pack of Gummy bears and waited for the others.

"Eh, I kinda want popcorn, but even the small looks like too much." I heard Nalah say to Nathan.

Wait. If we share something, we'll have to sit together right? I walked up to Nalah and tapped her shoulder. "We can share a small bag if you want."