19

*JOVANI*

When I woke up, I rubbed my eyes for a while and then unplugged my phone from the charger. A little camera icon in my notification bar told me that Nalah accepted my Instagram follow request.

I checked the time on my phone 1:30pm. I looked over to see Julian's arm hanging off the end of his bed while he slept and I laughed. When I clicked on Nalah's profile I first noticed that she had a "theme". Each of her pictures had a thin white border and the images alternated between black and white and color. Her most recent picture was in color.

3 hours ago Nalah posted a picture of her standing next to a girl and they were wearing matching pink onesies.

Caption: It's not Thanksgiving yet, but I sure am thankful for this girl right here! <3

When I tapped the picture, I saw that the girl was tagged VanessaM and I wondered if it was an old picture, because I thought her and her best friend weren't talking. Eh, I don't know.

I double tapped the picture and liked a few more while I scrolled down her well designed page. There was a picture from 12 weeks ago that I think is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Nalah was smiling with the sun glaring in the top corner of the picture, the sun rays created lines of light across her face and hair and it made her look like an angel. I decided to comment on the picture, even though it was super old. I commented two heart eyed emojis and liked three more pictures before leaving her page.